Chapter 38

Marinette's POV:

"I'm so glad you're back Marinette!" Lucy said, hugging me tightly as soon as we're alone. Tikki flies straight over and nuzzles her way into my neck.

"Not much has changed." I observe with a chuckle. Lucy narrows her eyes at me in response.

"How did Adrien remember you?" she asks, returning the main situation.

"Lila and him came over to let me go." I shrug, sitting down on a bench.

She watches me with confusion, before sitting down beside me.

"Are you okay?" she murmurs, resting a hand on my arm.

The kind gesture reminds me immediately of Lila and Adrien only a few minutes before. I sigh sadly. 

"I saw Adrien and Lila having a conversation." I start, and Lucy nods for me to continue. "The emotions that Adrien was showing her seemed too intense to just be due to a memory potion. Like sure, he doesn't know me, but that doesn't mean he has to love Lila. Does it?" 

Lucy's eyes shift to my neck where Tikki is still resting, before looking back at me. 

"Marinette, yes he can't remember you, but he also can't remember all of Lila's lies and manipulation. So to him, she's a new person to how you know her. Besides, I know for a fact he doesn't love her like he loves a certain ladybug."

Tikki nods at me as if to confirm Lucy's words. 

"I've been speaking to Plagg and ever since he's been back with Adrien there's been no difference in how he speaks about Ladybug." she explains with a smile.

"Poor Kitty, he must be so confused where I am. Does he think I've abandoned him?!" I ask in fear, looking at Lucy.

She shakes her head gently. "I took care of that, I also took over a patrol for him." 

The door to the bathrooms opens at that moment, and Tikki flies swiftly into my purse. I smile at the return of normality before looking up to register who just entered.

Standing there were Elizabeth and Flora, one smiling politely at Lucy and the other looking at the floor.

"Hey guys...?" Lucy says nervously, as Flora steps forward.

"Lucy, I'm sorry for how I reacted a couple days ago. I know it wasn't your secret to tell, and I shouldn't have blamed you for keeping it from me." she says sadly, glancing up to gauge Lucy's reaction.

Lucy smiles before hugging Flora tightly. "I'm sorry you felt left out, I never meant for you to feel like that. Friends?" 

The two embrace and the trio reunite. It's bitter sweet, I'm glad that Lucy has her friends to support her again, but I miss having my own friends.

Before I can think any more upsetting thoughts, arms wrap around me, trapping me in supportive bubble. 

"We need to stick together if we're gonna stop my cousin doing what she's up to." Lucy says and I hear the other two murmur in agreement.

"So what is the plan?" Elizabeth asks when they've finally freed me from their hug.

Lucy eyes me to check if I feel comfortable sharing the information and I nod. I feel safe with these girls, I trust them to keep my identity safe and help to the best of their ability.

"Adrien may not remember Marinette, but Chat Noir still remembers Ladybug." She explains, waiting for her friends to understand. 

The understanding falls over Elizabeth's face immediately and she grins at me with delight. Flora still looks confused, much to Lucy's entertainment, so Tikki flies out of my purse and into the vision of the girl.

Flora looks shocked when she registers Tikki, and Lucy lets Sapph join her in midair.

"You.. you're ladybug?" Flora eventually asks, and I nod back with a smile.

"The secret?" She checks, looking at Lucy who smiles in confirmation.

"Ohhhhhhhh." 

"Yeah, so if Chat Noir can remember your alter-ego and still has feelings for you, you just need to tell him your feelings rather than Adrien?" Elizabeth guesses with a wink.

I feel a blush rise to my cheeks at the word feelings. Because it's true, I do have feelings for Chat Noir, not as strongly as for Adrien, but if they're the same person then it makes things much less complicated.

"So whilst you're off working your charm on the cat boy, we'll work on reversing the effects of the potion so that he remembers the icon that is Marinette, as well as Ladybug." Lucy explains, and the other two nod confidently.

"I don't know what I'd do without you guys." I mumble, feeling tears form in my eyes.

"Don't just thank us, Chloe was very involved in the plan, and even saved the bee miraculous from being used by Lila. She sacrificed her memory of you in order for you to be allowed back to school." Lucy says. 

Tikki is still floating in the air beside us, and nods proudly at the behaviour of the blonde.

"She's come a long way from Antibug that's for sure." Tikki says to me, and I let out a laugh at the memory.

My worst enemy turned close friend fought me as an akumatized form of myself, all because of her idolisation for my alter-ego. The thought was extremely amusing.

I'm proud of Chloe, she's been through a lot but came out a better person. If only the same could be said for Lila.

"You guys should go, I wouldn't want Lila to find out you were helping me and then remove your memories." I say to Elizabeth and Flora, and they agree and leave the room.

Lucy and I follow a few moments after and walk straight out to the locker room where the majority of the school seemed to be.

"Whats going on?" Lucy whispers and I shrug in reply.

"Luce, Lila's up to something." a voice says quietly from behind.

We both spin to face the voice and Chloe stands there with fear on her face.

"Oh hey, I'm Chloe." she says to me with a wave, before turning back to look at Lucy.

"Chlo, what's happening?" Lucy asks nervously.

"Adrien did something and Lila is MAD." she replies.

My heart stops.

"Is Adrien okay?!" I ask, butting into the conversation.

Chloe looks at me with interest.

"I don't know, he ran off somewhere." she replied honestly.

Lucy grabbed my arm and pulled me away from the crowd, leaving Chloe standing there confused. She opened the door to an empty classroom and shut the door behind us.

"He may not know this, but you know him better than anyone else. Where would he be?" She asks, watching me carefully.

"I-i don't know Lucy, we don't know each other that well..." I replied awkwardly.

"Okay, where would Chat Noir be?" she asks with a smirk.

"Eiffel Tower." i reply without hesiation.

"Well then, off you go." Lucy laughs, gesturing towards the door.

I hesitate for a moment, before nodding and running out of the door and towards the kitty cat.

"Good Luck!" she calls after me.