Chapter 16

Steve's POV

"...But I'm with you Steve, forever."

"Always?"

"Forever and always."

I smiled. I was happy with that. Forever and always. So I closed my eyes. There was no need to keep fighting, we'd both agreed on that. It was a relief really, not a burden. Not some dark, twisting, dangerous road.

No. That was life.

Always living in fear of losing what you loved, losing everything.

Humans were scared.

As much as we say we are brave, we are cowards. It's hypocrisy to blame others of such a trait.

At least they've excepted it.

Exceptence; to except the sleep you need. To except that, though life was fun, death is inevitable. And inevitably your learn to except it.

And, it may be that you lose everything. It may be the one you love moves on. But at least you'll die knowing their touch, their voice, their eyes.

At least I'll know that, at some piont, you had a small infinity. Our own little world.

But what about all the memories? Surely they'll just fade away. Fade with your slow decay.

No. The answer is no.

They'll live with people you shared them with. They don't have the sleep like us. They don't need death like us.

For them forever and always isn't a lie. It's a reality.

So don't be afraid of death, embrace it. Belive that, no matter what, they'll be something beautiful at the end. Leave this life open minded.

Because your monsters only die when you, too, fall asleep.

Third person POV

Steve's body went limp. And for a moment there he did feel scared. Only to remember Natasha's hand clasping his own. She was with him, she was always there.

And so it ended. Abrupt and fast. And with death ended suffering. For both corps and life. There was always a new adventure, you just had to open your mind.

And with that, their little infinity stopped. Because everything has to stop.

Everything has to die. Everything has to rest.

Even the earth, even the universe.

All of the stars, the moon and the Sun. The planets, everything.

Everything has to stop.

Forever was infinity and always was what sealed it. And together they formed mortality.

So, I just wrote this. It's probably the most cheesy, poetic stuff I've ever written. And yes, the dreaded happened. I just killed off one of my favorite fictional characters ever. Confused much? Yeah, me too.
Comment what you think of this event and weather you saw it coming.

Love you lots and lots!

Swiftie82

P.s yeah. This chapter kinda sucks.

P.p.s This is NOT the end of the book!