Chapter 1

Natasha's POV

'Speak now or forever hold your peace', the words said at the end of wedding ceremonies all over the world, right before the vows. If you're wondering who's wedding I'm at it's Tony and Peeper's. Seeing as there was no protest, no movie moments where someone burst in to the church and stops the 'I do' from happening, that sentence wasn't really needed.

I'd always told my self to not bother with happily ever after. 'It's just a dream for the hopeful and desperate people' I'd said, but that was in the past.

Ever since he came along my mind had pondered the idea of a marriage. The problem was the past, the fear and the loss. In our lives we had both suffered loss. It was something people came about at every corner. Instead of the '20 mile per hour' sign we got the 'lose something important or strangely precious' sign. The fact was, as an assassin and spy, forever and always was a dream just out of reach.

~~~~~break~~~~~

(the next day)

"So how was your first wedding?" Steve asked, "Beautiful. I loved how happy everyone was!" I replied smiling. "I bet it's different to how you imagined!" Steve chuckled, "Very. But then I normally block out things like that, it's distracting when you're trying to kill someone."  Steve laughed again, "Well I'm just glad you didn't say that at the wedding!" "And I'm glad you didn't give everyone a lecturer on patriotism!" Steve smiled, "You know I'm not that boring!" "Oh you can say that again!" I giggled. I leaned in for a kiss but as I suspectd all I got was a peck on the cheek. "Steve what's wrong? Why can't you tell me?" There was a silence that hung after the question. "Nat, it doesn't matter." Steve answerd turning away. I sighed, "Look, I know something's up. You can't hide that. I only ask because I'm worried....." Steve stood up, "Well you don't really need to know. I'm gonna be fine. It's nothing serious." 

This argument had been going on for a month. I don't know why he couldn't  just tell me. We were suposed to tell each other everything. I couldn't help worrying, normaly he only kept things from me when he was wooried that it might upset me. Now he wouldn't even tell me that.

Steve's POV

I stood up and left Natasha sitting there. I felt terrible not telling her what was going on, but I couldn't tell her until I knew for sure. Bruce and I had been working with my blood for a month and still he couldn't determin what was in it. I had to ask him if he'd gotten any further. 

On the phone with Bruce:

Bruce: Hey Steve, what's up?

Steve: HI, I was just wondering if you are any closer to finding out what's wrong with me?

Bruce: Yeah. I have a few results, should be more this evening. You're welcome to come down to the lab and see for your self.

Steve: Yeah I think I'll come. Natasha's been on my case again, hopefully I can tell her soon...

Bruce: Mmm..hopefully. 

Steve: So what time shouuld I be there?

Bruce: Mabye nine. I think that should give me enough time. 

Steve: Ok see you later. Bye!

Bruce: Bye!

*Steve hangs up*