eight

Sapphire Westlock

Sapphire Westlock

Jah drops me off back at home and I almost immediately crash. I realized that I haven't been sleeping here much at all and decided that I'm not gonna be sneaking out as much anymore.

I sleep until around 1pm, when Destiny calls me. "What the fuck do you want" I mug her and she gasps. "This is the kind of treatment I get" she shakes her head and I laugh. "Whatchu want girl" I ask, getting up and propping my phone up at my vanity.

"Nothing. Just bored" she replies. I hear her door open and see Jahbari sit on her bed. "I'm on the phone" she shoos him off and Jah grabs the phone.

"Sapph" he rasps and I smile, just at his voice. "What" I respond. "Be ready at 6:30" he says and hands the phone back.

I occupy myself with my english essay and some more homework from various classes until 5, when I start getting ready.

I finally curl my hair and shave my legs. I put on a little bit of makeup until Jah says he's here.

"You look cute where are you going" my dad asks, sipping a beer. "I have a date" I smile and he looks at me with a sly look. "Jah?" he asks with a smirk.

"Stoppp Dad. And yes" I say and walk towards the door. "Have fun" he yells and I nod. I get into Jah's car and he stares at me for a second.

"Damn nigga you always staring at me like I got shit on my face" I roll my eyes and he laughs. "You just pretty" he says and kisses me. "I'm wearing lip gloss" I laugh when we stop kissing. "Yeah. I can tell by the fucking burning of my lips" he laughs.

"Where are we going" I ask, playing with his earring back. "We finna go to dinner and then the drive in movie theater. That ight with you" he looks at me and sucks his bottom lip into his mouth.

"Don't look at me like that" I blush and look down. "Mm. Like what" he asks and kisses me again. "Let's just go before we in this car all day" I laugh and put my seatbelt on.

We pull up to a nice restaurant and Jah leans over to open my door. I get out and he looks down at me. "Wow" I say, realizing our height difference. "You short as hell" he laughs and pulls me closer.

We get seated inside and mess around the entire time while the food comes. "So you still haven't told me why you was staying at yo' grandmuva house" he says and starts rubbing up my thigh.

"Yeah. My mother tried to hit me and I just decided I was done with ha shit so I left" I shrug and he frowns slightly. "Damn. I'm sorry ma. You really deserve two good parents and it sucks that you weren't given that" he says and kisses my cheek.

"It's ight. It's nothing compared to what you had to go through" I respond and rest my head on his shoulder. "It's still trauma. No matter how bad it is" he says.

After dinner we start driving to the movies. "What movie is we watching" I ask. "Avatar" Jah responds and glances over at me. "Say less. I love that movie"