thirty five

Sapphire WestlockI wake up in a weird house, one I've never been in before

Sapphire Westlock
I wake up in a weird house, one I've never been in before. "Hello?" I call out, getting up from the chair I had fallen asleep in.

I see a little girl peek into the door frame and quickly go back once she sees me. "It's okay, you can come out" I smile and she comes into the room shyly.

"Hi, what's your name" I ask, picking her up and putting her on my lap. "I don't know. I didn't get a name" she says, sounding embarrassed almost.

"Aw, why didn't you get a name?" I ask, a little confused but going with it. "I didn't last long enough to get one" she says and a tear falls from her eyes.

"Don't cry beautiful. Where's your mommy?" I wipe her tear and she looks up at me. "You don't remember me?" she asks and I shake my head.

"No, who's daughter are you?" I ask. "Yours" she tells me and I stare at her for a second, noticing some of my features on her.

"Where am I?" I ask, looking around again. "We're at our house. But you have to leave soon" she pouts.

"Why I have to leave? You don't want me to stay here and play?" I ask, tears welling in my eyes.

"It's not time for us to be together yet. Bye Mommy" she waves me to me and gives me a hug.

I hug her back, starting to sob. "Don't cry. I'll see you when you come back. I love you Mommy" she says and exits the room.

"I love you too" I say out loud, waking up in a hospital room. I hear snoring and see that Jah is sleeping in a chair, right next to the hospital bed.

"Jahbari" I whisper yell because it looked like late night. He snaps awake, looking around until his eyes settle on me. "Thank God you're awake" he says, grabbing my hand and kissing it.

"I'mma go get the nurse" he says excitedly, leaving the room.

A couple minutes later, the nurse starts checking my blood pressure and my heart rate, making sure I wasn't still going through shock.

"Physical therapy is going to be vital to your recovery process. Your father is out in the waiting room when you're ready" she says and leaves.

"Are you good? Nothing feels bad or hurts? You hungry cause I could go getchu sum food" he suggests and I shake my head.

"I'm good, just, tired" I sigh, laying back down. "Is everyone else okay?" I ask. "Everyone's fine. Des was skimmed by a bullet so was I, Hammer and Meek got shot but they're okay" he lets me know and I nod.

"Can you come sleep wimme?" I ask and his eyebrows furrow. "I'on wanna hurt you, Sapph. You just woke up from surgery maybe take it a lil slow" he suggests.

"You won't hurt me. I just don't feel good" I say and struggle to sit up a little. I open my arms and I see him think about it for a second before getting in the bed with me.