twenty nine

Jahbari Micheals

Jahbari Micheals

"You for real? Is she okay?" Sapphire asks as I throw some clothes into my bag. "Yeah she inna hospital. You coming wimme?" I ask and she nods.

"Of course. I'll go home right quick and-" she starts but I pull her onto the bed with me. "What if my mom dead Sapph" I wonder and her hand brushes through my hair.

"Don't think about that Jah. Please stay positive" she encourages and I nod. "You gotta tell Des" she shakes her head, kissing my temple.

"I will. She gon wanna come" I sigh. "Let her. You don't have to go through everything alone, Jah" Sapphire says, caressing my face.

"Ight" I mumble and get up so I can pack. "What time are we going to leave?" she asks. "I don't know. Look sum flights up" I say and go back to packing.

An hour later, I'm done packing. "Okay Dad. I don't know when I'm coming back but I have to go. Okay. Love you too" I hear Sapph talking to her dad.

"Destiny's bringing Saed" she tells me and I suck in through my teeth.

"What? You'n like Saed?" she asks, looking back at me. "Nah I do. Is just gon be awkward like das my sister" I shrug.

"Oh. I'mma get in the shower" she takes off my shirt that she had on. "Shiii. Lemme come witchu" I get up, heading towards the bathroom but Sapphire slams the door behind her.

"Jah?" Destiny asks from the other side of the door. "Come in here" I open the door and she has Nile on her hip.

"Wassup?" I ask, reaching for the baby. "Are you okay? Sapphire told me what happened" she frowns, handing Nile to me.

"I'a be ight. Are you good?" I ask back and she nods. "I just wish the first time I'm seeing her for a year was a different occasion. I'm bringing Saed with me" she tells me and I nod.

"What, so y'all like together now?" I ask, twisting my dreads around my finger. "Mmm. I don't know" she shrugs and I give her a confused look.

"Y'all females sumn else" I shake my head and Nile laughs. "Well the flight leaves tonight so I'mma go pack. Much love" she waves. Me and Nile wave back.

We get to the airport at 12, having five more people with us.

After Sapphire told Teyanna, she wanted to come with Kadeem and Diamonté brought Jade.

"This nigga coming too?" I ask, motioning towards Reece who was walking towards us.

"Just don't talk to him" Sapphire shrugs, holding onto my arm.