twenty two

Jahbari Micheals "My nigga and why couldn't you text me this?" I ask with my eyebrows raised

Jahbari Micheals
"My nigga and why couldn't you text me this?" I ask with my eyebrows raised.

"Nigga she at my crib. Y'know how she be. Just walking into people houses n' shit" Shawn shrugs and I shake my head, going to the couch to sit down.

Sapphire sits next to me and I pull her onto my lap. "Mane, tell ha she ain't welcome hea" I wave my hand in dismissal.

"Jah-" Sapphire mumbles but Shawn interrupts her.

"Nigga fuck you mean she ain't welcome here?!We never betray blood. You gotchu the whitest black bitch I know and a nice house n' now you acting like you don't know your roots" Shawn laughs.

"Fuck you just say to me? You don't know me no mo' Deshawn. I'm tryna make a life for myself n' my future children. You wouldn't know shit about that. You deadbeat just like ya brother. Get the fuck out my house" I yell.

"Mothafucka it's smoke now. Either run my ones or let ya own mother see you. You been actin mad Hollywood since you moved to the A" he shakes his head and I roll my eyes.

"Who actin Hollywood? 'Cause I'm not tryna commit my whole life to a family who don't do nun but bang? Mane you knew that was never in the cards fa me since I was born. Ian like you Shawn n' I never will be. Accept that" I say.

He snickers and nods, walking out the door and slamming it behind him.

"Fuck ass nigga" I mumble and take Sapph off my lap. I go upstairs and into my room where Destiny is waiting for me.

"Des-" I start. "Jah, why would you lie to me? Why would you all lie to me? I'm not a kid, Jah" she interrupts and turns around to me, tears running down her face.

"Guhh what the fuck is you talm bout. Can you get out my room? I'm tryna take a nap" I sigh and she jumps at me.

She punches and slaps me, getting a couple good hits in before I stop her hands and push her onto the floor.

"Why the fuck didn't you tell me that the only mother that was good to me was a fucking methead you fuck ass nigga" she screams, her voice breaking.

"Destiny..." I wrap my arms around her and she cries into my shoulder. "W- why wouldn't you tell me" she cries.

"It was me and Jamal's decision. We just wanted to protect you" I say, rubbing her back.

"Protecting me and lying to me are not the same thing, Jah" she sniffles. "Des I really didn't want it to be like dis. I'm sorry. Forreal"