ten

Sapphire WestlockWe end up at the hospital a little less than 20 minutes later

Sapphire Westlock
We end up at the hospital a little less than 20 minutes later. "My girlfriend had a seizure" Jah exasperates to the front desk lady. "Okay. A doctor will be right with you" she smiles and I smile at her.

We sit down in the waiting room and Jah holds onto my hand tightly. "Are you sure you're feeling okay?" he reassures and I nod. "Imma go get you some water" he nods and I say okay.

He comes back with four bottles of water and a new hydroflask that reads 'Emory Hospital'. "Why do you have that Jah" I facepalm and take one of the bottles of water.

"So I can put your water in it. Why else" he smiles pouring two water bottle into the flask and handing it to me. "Sapphire Westlock?" the doctor asks and I stand up.

"Where's your guardian" he asks and I rub my neck. "He has to be here? Ion want him to worry" I bargain. He shakes his head. "Unless you're emancipated and know your insurance, no" he says and heads towards a room.

Me and Jah follow him, exchanging meaningful looks to each other. "We're gonna run a few tests and probably keep you here overnight. Please call your guardian" he says and leaves the room.

"Bae, drink some water" Jah says and hands me the flask. "I'm good, Jah. Chill out" I say and he gives me a confused look. "Why aren't you worried?" he asks me.

"I'll tell you later" I facepalm and the doctor comes into the room. "Okay, we're gonna start your urine sample and your blood test. Have you called your guardian?" my doctor says.

"She hasn't, but I will" Jah says. He shoots me an angry look before stepping out of the room. "Here you go" my doctor says and hands me the pee cup. I roll my eyes and go out into the hallway.

I come back with the cup full. Jah is talking to my doctor while he cleanses needles.

A while later, we're laying on the bed while the doctor collects test results. I reach my hand over to his but he doesn't hold it back. "Mane if you don't tell me what happened right now Sapph. Imma be mad foh real" he throws my hand back to me and rubs his forehead.

Before I could tell him, my dad comes in with a worried expression. "What happened" he squeezes me into a tight hug. "I just was out of it for a second. I'm fine" I nod.

The doctor enters the room and me and Jah sit up. "She has an excessive amount of fentanyl in her system and we're going to have to detox it out of her" he says and loads up the machine.

My dad gives me the angriest expression I could imagine and I rub my neck nervously. Jah's hand snakes around my lower waist and he roughly pulls me close to him.