nineteen

*one week later*

POV Omniscient

"Hey best. Can you help me prepare for this lil party I'm throwing" Sapphire asks Destiny, who was on the phone.

Destiny had an awful night, staying up until almost 3 thinking about what Zion was doing. He had left in the middle of their date and turned off his location again.

"Yeah, I gotchu. Give me an hour and I'll be there. What time the kickback start so I can tell da clique" Destiny asks, taking a swig from the bottle of pink whitney that was sitting on her bedside table.

She had been having a drinking problem lately.

"Um, eight works. Nile going with a babysitter finally" Sapphire cheeses. She loved Nile, but he was a lot and often blocking Sapphire's own social life.

"Alright. I'll call you later" Destiny responds, getting up from her bed with no pants on, still holding the bottle.

"Hey Des?" Sapphire questions. "Hm." "Best, you good? Zi do something again?" she asks, hoping to get an answer as to why Destiny was acting weird lately.

"He turned off his location and left inna middle of our movie night. I'll talk about it when I get there" she says and removes the phone from her ear, clicking the hang up button.

Destiny takes another gulp and wobbles to the shower.

Sapphire, on the other hand, was easily distracting herself with the party she was throwing rather than the fight with Jah. They hadn't talked since he stormed out.

During class it wasn't as weird, partly because they were doing midterms and not allowed to speak.

Everyone needed to let loose.
*five hours later*
"Aye look at this" Skylar says, sitting on the bed next to her friend, Lamia. "Is that Sapphire's?" Lamia asks, looking at the party flyer someone had made and posted on a private account.

"Bro, we pulling up" Skylar laughs. "Are you sure, isn't Zion gonna be there? And she's gonna be with her big body ass friends the whole time" Lamia laughs and Skylar joins.

"Mhm. You right. Call DeMarco. They don't like Jah. Got his boy killed and everything" Skylar suggests and Lamia calls him.

Sapphire just got out the shower and was putting on her new dress. "Hey bitch. Where'd you put the hen? Let's pre drink" Destiny whines, barging into Sapphire's room.

"Weren't you just predrinking? It's not pre drink if you're hammered before anyone even gets here" Sapphire laughs, slipping Jah's charm bracelet on.

"Aye what does the M stand for?" Destiny asks, staring at the bracelet. "Micheals" I cheese and Destiny fake gags.

"He gon be here tonight. You know dat right?" Destiny asks. "Yeah I know dat. As long as he don't pull no shit, Imma be cool" I shrug. "You wanna talk to him finally?" Destiny asks. "I mean, yeah" she laughs and puts on her shoes.

Jah was getting ready too, with Kooda and Diamonté. Zion had been there too but he left without telling anyone.

"Aye, yo bitch still trippin?" Kooda asks, slipping his Smith & Wesson into his pants. "She not a bitch. And yeah she is" Jah answers, grabbing his gun as well.