twenty one

Sapphire Westlock"Girl shut uppp" I shush Destiny as she snickers in the corner of my bathroom

Sapphire Westlock
"Girl shut uppp" I shush Destiny as she snickers in the corner of my bathroom. Jah had just gotten off the phone with her, not knowing that she's with me.

I hadn't been ignoring him, but we weren't talking as much. He's hanging around Hammer again and I'm overwhelmed with school.

Nile is sick, and most of my time had been spent on him lately.

'Jahbari 🕺🏾 is calling you'. "Hello?" I ask, answering the phone. "Aye, I'm on my way over there. My lil sister there?" he asks. "Ain't shit little, Jah" Destiny yells.

"Des get the fuck outta there. I'll call you an Uber" Jah says. "Nigga-. You know what fine. But you paying" she shrugs and I hang up.

Jah gets here a half hour later, right behind Destiny's uber.

I was playing with Nile when he opened the door. "Hey" I mumble and catch Nile as he was about to fall over. "Hey. C'mere gimme a kiss real quick" he sits on the couch and opens his arms to me.

I stand over him and peck his lips, turning around to go back and sit on the floor, where Nile is. Jah grabs the back of my neck and place me onto his lap.

"Jesus" I mumble and he laughs. "C'mon now gimme a real kiss. I missed you" he says, holding my hips in his hands.

"I missed you too, Jah. Where you been?" I ask and he rubs the back of his neck. "Shii. Chillin. I been outside" he shrugs and opens my legs so I'm straddling him.

"Mhm. Outside doing what" I ask another question. "Y'know. Outside with Hammer n' nem. Das gang" he pulls my face towards his but I pull it from his hand.

"Jah..." I start but he interrupts me. "On dead dawgs Sapph, Ian doing nothing" he says and pulls my face towards his again.

I peck him once before he pulls me into another kiss and slips his tongue into my mouth. "Stoppp. Jah" I whine into the kiss.

We pull away when Nile starts crying. "What's wrong with my son" Jah asks, letting me off of his lap. "He don't wanna crawl" I say and sit him up.

"Damn. He supposed to be crawling by now tho" he shakes his head and I shrug. "He's sick. Maybe that's why" I say.

Nile wipes the tears from his eyes but still has a frown on his face. "You sleepy Nile?" I ask, picking him up. "Lemme put him to sleep, then we can talk" I say and he reaches out for him.

"I can take him. This my son forreal" I hand him Nile and he walks upstairs and into Nile's room.

"Aye, Sapphire. Come up hea come lay down" Jah yells from upstairs. I walk into my room and see him already shirtless, under the covers.