eighteen

Sapphire Westlock"Mom?" I say in shock

Sapphire Westlock
"Mom?" I say in shock. Jah was behind me and he squeezes my hips to tell me to calm down.

"Dad, what is she doing here" I ask, coming closer to them. My dad doesn't answer. Instead he just puts his head down. "Dad?" I ask again, my voice breaking slightly.

"Sapphire, my film is taking a hiatus so you're coming back with me" she says and smiles at me.

I give her a crazy look and snicker to myself. "You got me messed up if you think imma go back to LA with you" I say, putting the emphasis on 'you'.

I take Jah's hand and go upstairs to my room. "Bae you think I should leave? Look like you goin thru some family issues" he rubs the back of his neck and I shake my head.

"Please don't leave. Just um- just distract me" I say and pull him down onto the bed. "See, ion think that's a good idea. Both yo parents here right now bae" he sits up and I sigh, laying on his lap.

A couple minutes later, I end up falling asleep.

"She'n wan talk to nun of you" I hear Jah say. "Please, when she wakes up, can you tell her to start packing?" my dad responds.

"Aye with all due respect Mr. Westlock, she'n wanna go with ha muva. She disrespected ha multiple times and tried to hit Sapphire when she went there da first time" Jah says, squeezing me twice and I fully wake up.

"She tried to hit her?" my dad asks Jah. "Yeah. She ain't tell you that?" Jah asks back. "No. I'm gonna see what I can do, even if that means going through another custody battle. Thank you for telling me, Jah." my dad closes the door and I sit up.

"Jah" I say softly, rubbing my eyes. "Hm. You got za here?" he asks, shaking his leg. "Yeah. But listen, thank you for telling my dad. I was too scared that he wasn't gonna believe me" I sigh and lay my head on his shoulder.

"You welcome. I gotchu. Where da weed at?" he places me on his lap and wraps his arms around my lower back.

I dig under my pillow and pull out a dab pen. "Thank you baby" he kisses my cheek and rips the pen.

*three weeks later*
"Bae, you sure you ready?" Jah asks from behind me as I get ready for my court appearance.

My dad had re-opened the custody battle to label my mother as unfit. "Yeah. I'm good. Can you get Nile for me" I shoo him out of the room and he leaves, closing the door behind him.

I sit down and bury my face in my hands, a tear rushing down my cheek. I open my phone, scrolling through the dozens of messages my mom left me.