Spy

What you're wearing.

EDITED

EDITED

"Are you excited?" Kevin asked, spinning a pen he plucked off my twin sister's neatly cluttered desk through his fingers. "Nervous?"
"Both." She chuckled turning around to face us. "I haven't seen him all summer."

"Which is why, nerves are acceptable but we all agreed Betty. However I still don't see the why I need to go and see you both flirt and giggle like school kids." I complained.
We had discussed a "very thought out plan" that I would join better and Archie without actually joining them. In case things got awkward to an extent that better couldn't handle, I'd be there to step in and defuse some tension. Only problem. Archie has been my long time crush for as long as I can remember. However, I'm a coward and never said anything to anyone.....ever.

"Yes, y/n. you have to go with her that's the only way she'll go. I don't get it though because you like him, he likes you." Kevin pointed, making me roll my eyes in annoyance and fall back dramatically onto my sister's very pink bed.

"But why, Kevin, hasn't he said or done anything. Sometimes I think he shows more interest in y/n then me." Betty stated, turning back towards her mirror.
"Ya, right Archie and y/n the power couple. That will never, ever, happen." Kevin mocked.

"Hurtful. But true." I sighed. Groaning I picked myself off the bed and walked over to Betty bookshelf, scanning over the covers out of boredom. Im definitely not the smartest in the family.....or the most liked for that matter, but I love a good book. However, in Betty's case the unhealthy amount of Nancy drew novels just wasn't for me.

"Either way....Archies....swell, but like most millennial straight guys, he needs to be told what he wants, so tell him. Finally." Kevin explained as I flipped through one of Betty's  books.
"We'll see, it depends." Betty cried.

"Oh, my god." Kevin exclaimed looking out the window. I set Betty's book down as she set her makeup brush down.
"What?" We both asked in union.
     "Ok, first off, really cute twin moment." He began looking away from the window. "But Archie got hot. He's got abs now."

     Betty and I shared a looked before rushing over to the window to be met with the sight of the glorious ginger.
     "Holy shit." I sighed. Feeling a tingle escalate through my body. It quickly disappeared as I felt Betty grip my upper arm.

     "Six more reasons for you to take that ginger bull by the horns tonight." Kevin joked as we watched Archie slowly put his shirt on. I shook my head, stopping myself from being a peeping Tom any further. We're not better than a man. I cleared my throat and slowly left the room, going to put my shoes on. It's gonna be a long night.

~~~

     "Thanks pop." I said as pop tate set my cherry milkshake and basket of fries on the counter in front of me. Pop was always very supportive of the teens that lived in Riverdale. Like a grandfather we all shared. When things woild get back at home, he'd always let me crash in the back room and pick up a few shifts for the extra cash.

     "No problem, dear. Why aren't you sitting over there with your sister and Archie?" He asked as he Leaned on the counter, looking at me in question.
     "Well pop, they're on a date and I don't really feel third wheeling." I laughed taking a Fry and eating it.

     "Fair enough." He chuckled and walked away, going to take more orders.
     I sighed taking a sip of my shake as I watched Betty and Archie laugh like crazy. The smile on both of their faces made my heart melt in some sick and twisted away. I wish I was in betty's place. Making the ginger laugh like that, but since Polly left I haven't truly seen betty smile. So this was almost calming. Seeing my sister so happy. Archie so happy. Even if it wasn't with me.

     Hearing the bell over the door, I turned around to see a gorgeous raven haired girl walked through the door and make her way over to pop. I saw her turn her attention towards Betty and Archie, starting a conversation. She seemed nice, and the conversation seemed in no way ignorant. But Betty quickly got a whiff of unease with the new girl's presence and shot me a look, beckoning me over.

     "Oh hell." I mumbled as I slid off my stool, grabbing another fry before subtly making way over to the table.
     "Betty Archie, Hey." I waved, Standing next to the Mystery girl.
     "Y/n. What-what are you doing here?" Archie asked as his smile got bigger, a slight look of confusion spreading across is handsome face.

     "Oh you know just...chillin." I awkwardly explained. He shot me a smile before looking down at my body. Feeling slightly uncomfortable I shifted on my feet.

     "Wow you look great. I just mean you know... puberty hit you like a bus. I mean....that came out wrong, Umm I just mean now you have...those. omg. I'm Archie." He finished directing his attention to the girl. She chuckled awkwardly, looking at him funny. Betty and I shared a look of confusion before looking back at the girl.
     "I'm Veronica. My mom and I just moved here." She explained smiling.

     "From where?" Archie asked trying to keep the conversation going so we wouldn't have to talk about what just happened.
     "New York."

     "Oh god! I'd love to go to New York. Actually I'd just love to get out of this town. Oh, I'm y/n by the way." I rambled. She smiled at me extending her hand for me to shake. I shook her hand smiling back.
     "Do you guys go to riverdale high?" She asked directing her attention between all of us. Betty and Archie talked at the same time saying yes while I just nodded.
     "Me too. I'm filled with dread." Veronica joked.

     "Why's that?" Archie asked with a chuckle.
     "Are you familiar with the works of Truman capote?" She asked.
     "Omg yes! I love his books. True masterpieces." I gushed, chuckling.

     "Well I see we're going to be friends." She chuckled. "Anyway I'm breakfast at Tiffany's but this place is strictly in cold blood." She finished causing Archie, and I to laugh along with her while Betty sat there with a sour look. I looked at her and she looked at me with a annoyed look.
     "Oh god I'm so sorry, Veronica this is Betty cooper, my twin sister." I said, motioning towards Betty.

     "Wow, really." Veronica said as more of a statement then a question.
     "Ya, why's that so hard to believe?" Betty asked with a little bit of attitude.
     "Nothing bad of course. Just you give me Hermione granger vibes and y/n gives off more of a Sarah Connor. Both great woman just completely different." Veronica explained. There was silence for minute before Veronica broke it. "Wait are you~"

     "Supposed to give you your tour tomorrow?Yes." Betty laughed. "I'm your peer mentor."
     "Do you wanna join us?" Archie asked the two of us. Betty quickly looked up at me with a pleading look.
     "No, no. I have already got my food over there. Veronica please join me." I pleaded, gripping her arm.

     "My mom's waiting for me, but I do see a friendship in the making y/n." She said smiling at me. I smiled back letting go of her arm as she walked away grabbing her bags of food from pop and leaving the shop. I sighed looking down at Archie and Betty.
     "I'll go." I sighed and began walking away.

"Y/n. Wait." Archie stopped me standing out of his booth. He walked over to me, slowly wrapping me in a hug. It felt nice. Familiar and safe.
"It's great to see you. I missed you." He smiled looking down at me. I laughed looking up at him.
"I missed you too arch."