Hand holding

What you wearing

"The drive-in closing, it's just one more nail in the coffin that is Riverdale

"The drive-in closing, it's just one more nail in the coffin that is Riverdale." Jughead sighed as him, Betty, Veronica, Kevin and I sat at a booth at pops, milkshakes in front of us. I was squeezed in between Betty and jug, my right leg over bettys knee. "No. forget Riverdale. in the coffin of the American dream. As the godfather of Indie cinema, Quentin Tarantino, likes to say~"

"Please, god, no more Quentin Tarantino references." Kevin pleaded, looking up from his soda.

"What? I'm pissed. And not just about losing my job. The twilight drive in should mean something to us. People should be trying to save it." Jughead ramble on, giving me a splitting headache. I sighed grabbing my milkshake talking a small, sip.

"In this age of Netflix and VOD, people really want to watch a movie in a car? I mean who even goes there?" Veronica asked, trying to reason with jughead.

"People who wanna buy crack." Kevin offered, almost as a joke but we all knew it wasn't.

"And cinephiles and car enthusiasts. Right bets?" Jughead gushed, looking past me at my sister. I scrunched my face in confusion. Betty hates when people call her bets. What the fuck is going on. Should I be scared?

"Totally." Betty smiled.

"Anyway, it's closing because the town owns it and didn't wanna invest in it. So when an anonymous buyer made mayor McCoy an offer she couldn't refuse~" jughead continued before getting interrupted once again.

"Anonymous buyer? What do they have to hide? No one cares." Veronica laughed. I shook my head slightly knowing her choice of words weren't going to go lightly with jughead. My point was proven when he began to speak at a slightly higher volume.

"I do! You guys should come to closing night. I'm thinking American graffiti. Or is that too obvious.?"

"I vote anything, starring Audrey Hepburn or cate Blanchett." Veronica suggested, looking up slightly as if in deep thought.

"Oh good god." I sighed, laughing slightly at Veronicas choices.

"Betty, your choices?" Kevin asked my sister who seemed to off in space.

"Everything okay, B?" Veronica asked.

"Yeah, yeah. I'm just thinking. Um...maybe rebel without a cause." She suggested, causing jughead to smile. I looked between the two with a mortified look on my face. What the fuck?

"Here you go kids." Hermione said as she set a basket of fries in the middle of the table.

"Thanks." I smiled, as everyone else thanked her. After she left she went over to Cheryls table whom of course started a scene causing Veronica to leave to handle it. When Veronica came back we heard the bell jingle behind us.

"It's been so long time sense I've seen those two together." Kevin, said looking towards the people. I turned around to see Archie and Fred walk in. I smiled to myself, before sitting up jumping over the back side of the booth.

"Where are you going?" Betty asked, slightly shocked.

"Oh, you know. Just to...say hi Archie." I smiled before quickly naming my way towards there table.

"Archie, mr. Andrews hi." I waved as I approached.

"Y/n, looking as beautiful as ever. Wanna join us." Fred offered, gesturing towards the empty seat beside Archie. I looked back at my table to see jughead, Betty, Veronica and Kevin giving me confused looks.

"If it's ok with Archie, but only for few minutes." I smiled looking towards Archie who just gave me a smile and gesture towards the seat beside him. I smiled, quickly sitting down.

"Have you eaten yet?" Archie asked as he grabbed my hand from under the table, away from everyone's sight. I smiled.

"Ya. How have you been mr. Andrews?" I asked bringing my attention towards Fred, holding Archies hand back. I know what your thinking but no we are not dating we're just....closer.

"I've Been pretty good. By the way, I heard you playing your bass the other night. It sounded great." He complimented with a smile. My smile faltered slightly.

"Oh, my god. Mr. Andrews I'm so so sorry if I kept you up, it's just whenever I need to play, I can't help but play." I sighed, sending him a guilty smile.

"No, no. Didn't keep me up at all. In fact it was so good, it helped me fall asleep. Don't think I've slept that good in years." He smiled.

"Ya she's really great isn't she..." Archie smiled squeezing my hand tighter. "At playing bass." He chuckled, catching his mistake. Suddenly Betty came towards the table.

"Hey, mr. Andrews before you guys order do you think I could borrow Archie and y/n for a quick second?" She asked, sending him a sweet smile.

"What Betty?" Archie asked, slightly annoyed.

"Nothing, just need to talk to you both about the paper." She lied through her teeth.

"Can't it wait till tomorrow...sis." I smiled.

"Nope." She laughed popping the p. Archie and I both sighed getting out of the booth and following Betty outside.

"What the hell is going on?" She asked, crossing her arms.

"What do you mean?" I questioned, shaking my head in confusion.

"Oh don't give me that, you guys have been really close lately and I wanna know why." She demanded. Its true Archie and I have been closer. We have been spending every minute he's not at football or singing/writing music together. It's been nice, just not my doing. It been Archies. I'm not sure why but it's almost like he's a lost puppy. I'm not complaining though....I kinda like it.

"We're friends Betty." Archie began. "What's the big deal anyway?"

"I'm just looking out for you two ok. Things didn't end so well when all this happened between Archie and I. Friends and relationships don't mix well and I'm just~" she continued before getting cut off by a car horn.

"You two in the car now." My mother demanded looking or of the passengers window. I sighed before quickly giving Archie a kiss on the cheek and making my way towards the car with Betty, getting into the back.

"What have I told you two about him?" She began with a unimpressed tone.

"Can we please just go?" I snapped slouching in my seat as my mother sped away from pops, the neon lights disappearing. So much for a fun night.