Jail time

What you wearing

Coat over top

"Y/n, can we talk?" Archie asked as he approached me

"Y/n, can we talk?" Archie asked as he approached me. I stood in front of my locker getting my books for my next class and if I'm being honest I didn't have the energy for this today.

"Not now Archie." I sighed, shutting my locker.

"Please..." he began to plead before Betty came over.

"Hey guys, what's up." She smiled. Though that smiled didn't last long as she looked down the hallway. Archie and I followed her gaze to see jughead being walked away by principal weatherbee and sheriff Keller.

"Call my dad." Jughead demanded, pointing at me as he walked by. I nodded quickly my heart beating out of my chest. What has he gotten himself into this time.

~~~~

The three of us stood in the police station as they drilled jughead. Except I wasn't exactly sitting.

"Y/n, please stop pacing, you're making me dizzy." Betty complained, putting her head in her hands. I shock my head, continuing to pace through the small room. Suddenly the loud metal door banged open and sheriff Keller walked out.

"He wants to see you." He pointed at me. I sighed, running into the small room. Jughead sat at a small table with his hands flat on there palms. I sighed, walking over to the table and sitting down in the seat across from him. He just sat there, refusing to look up at me. He finally broke the silence with one simple sentence.

"I didn't do it, y/n. You have to believe me."

"Of course I do." I sighed, putting my hands on top of his. "I know who you are. I told you I'd always be here for you. I stick to my promises."

"Well those paradise lost kids went to death row because they wore black and they listened to Metallica. I don't wanna be a scapegoat."

"Okay well if there gonna throw you in jail for wearing black and listening to rock bands then they gotta throw me in there with you. But it doesn't matter because I won't let that happen." I promised, trying to calm him down. "All the evidence against you is circumstantial. We're gonna get you out of here. I'm gonna get you out of here."

"Is my dad here yet?" He asked, sniffing slightly. I gulped, looking down at our hands that were still together.

"Archies here with his dad." I said, trying to get to the point without actually telling him that I called his dad at least thirty times. Jughead gave me his dads number a couple years ago in case I ever needed it. "Their talking to the sheriff. No one know where your dad is." Jughead sighed, sinking back in his chair.

"Fuck."

~~~~

We were all walking out of the police station, jughead included. I guess Fred had talked to sheriff Keller and convinced him that juggie was working for him at the time of the murder. We stepped out on to the rain stained concrete.

"Jughead!" Someone called, causing us all to look up to see FP running towards us. I sighed looking down, knowing this wouldn't end well. "Sorry. I came as soon as I got your messages. My phone, the freaking battery. I forgot to plug it in last night. What the hell happened?"

"Nothing. It's fine now. Mr. Andrews took care of it." Jughead snapped. FP looked at me with a questioning look but I just ignored it and looked back down.

"What jacked up crap they accuse you of in there?" FP asked, clearly mad. "Those bastards trying to throw you in jail like they did your old man? Well screw that! I will rip Keller a new one for trying to that on you."

"FP!" I shouted.

"No, no, y/n. You know me and you know jughead. He may let something like this slide but I swear to god Keller won't know what hit him." FP shouted and continued to walk towards the station but mr. Andrews grabbed him, stopping him from moving any further. After a long skruffle between the two grown men FP had finally gotten the upper hand and pushed mr. Andrews away.

"Hey, Hey. He's my son. He's my son, Fred. You'd do the same for your boy." FP shouted, pushing mr.Andrews. He continued to walk towards the station before jughead harshly grabbed his arm stopping him.

"Dad. Don't make things worse." Jughead sighed. "Please." FP looked at jughead for a second before nodding. Jughead slowly removed his hand from FP and sighed.

"Yeah, alright then. You, uh...you coming home with me." FP asked.

"He...he can stay with us, mr. Jones." Archies offered. FP stopped walking and turned to face the red head. "We already offered."

"Is that what you want?" FP asked his son who stood uncomfortably. "Maybe that's for the best, if-if you don't mind, Fred."

"Whatever you want, FP." Fred answered from beside me. "It's between the two of you."

"I'll- I'll go with you, dad." Jughead said, walking towards his father. He sniffed a couple times. FP grabbed him and pulled his son closer, putting his hands on his shoulders.

"Son, listen to me. I'm gonna do what you want and get my act together. I'm gonna get your mom and jellybean home so we're all under the same roof." FP continued as the four of us stood in a circle, trying our best to ignore the conversation. "I promise but I just need a little time to do that. Not a lot. Not long. A month, two at the most. Hey. Then we'll be back on track. All right? You, uh you believe that, don't you?" Jughead nodded.

"Yeah." He cried, voice breaking slightly. "I believe you, dad." He pulled his father in for a hug and my jaw hit the ground. The last time I saw those two hug was in the 4th grade when jughead was the lead in the school play.

"All right." FP chuckled, pulling away. "You take care of him, you hear." FP insisted, pointing at me as he back away.

"I always do." I smiled. FP chuckled, turning around completely and walking away. Jughead turned around and looked at all of us with red eyes. He looked at Betty and she walked over to him, putting her hands on his cheeks. He looked away from her and looked at me. I sent him a sad smiled before opening my arms. He quickly walked over to me wrapping me in a hug. I put both my arms under his arms and he put one hand on the back of my head and the other around My waist. He didn't deserve this.