Cold journeys

Reminder

Darkness

Darkness. Clocks were nearing midnight as I stormed into sunny side trailed park making it for the Jones residents. Hardly being able to see three feet in front of myself, I pushed on, determined to find Jughead. Making my way up the steps of the trailer I stopped at the sight of ripped police tape, immediately knowing juggie was here I stormed into the freezing trailer.

Empty.

Sighing I plopped down on the sofa, looking at the mess before me. He was clearly here and isn't happy. I looked down at my dirty dress, reliving tonight. The way the bright red matched so well with jughead completely black suit. The way we laughed and dance. His warm hands on my hips as we swayed to the music.

Opening the small red clutch I had with me the entire night I pulled out the long strip of photos from the booth. Laughing at the large red lipstick print on juggies face in every photo. I didn't even realize the the tears falling from my raw eyes until a single drop hit the slick paper. Sighing, I quickly put the photos away and stood up. I wasn't gonna stop. Not now.

Running into the back room I quickly grabbed one of jugheads jackets, throwing it over my shoulders and leaving the trailer park. Racking my brain as I walked I thought of every possible place that juggie could be. That's when his words form tonight hit me. Toledo. Changing my corse I began making my way through the rain and towards the bus station. It's the only way you can get out of town without a license.

~~~~

"Hi, yes was there a boy about my age come in tonight, possibly bought a ticket to Toledo?" I asked the small, older woman who worked at the station. I prayed to every higher power that the pus hasn't left yet.

(Idk what your beliefs are so I'm just gonna make it okay for everyone. Sorry)

"Uh, yes but he changed his mind. Said to give him any ticket that was leaving riverdale. Now he's going to Florida." She explained, eyeing me up and down. "Bus leave at 6 tomorrow morning."

Looking around the station there was no sign of him anywhere. I thanked the lady, leaving the station and began heading to the only place that's opened 24 hours in riverdale.

~~~~

My beat increase tenfold as the familiar bell rang as I entered pops. Sore feet and freezing body I was begging Jughead was here so I could sit down and get warm. Quickly scanning every booth I finally spotted the Bennie I know all too well. Practically running towards him and falling into the booth, my body sat on the seat, a relived sigh leaving my lips.

"Oh thank god. I've been all over riverdale looking for you. And then I thought you left town for good but the lady said you changed your ticket and then I didn't know where you were but then I remembered that pops is open 24 hours. You're here. You're here and you're safe."

My rant was cut short when I noticed Jugheads not so friendly glare starring down at me. I quickly shut my mouth and starred back with a less frightening look. His eyes left mine and moved down, scanning the familiar beaten up jacket that was draped over my shoulders, soaked and giving me little to no warmth.

"What the hell are you doing here. Go home before you get sick." He sighed, gaze moving back to the pristine white table.

"I'll be sick for the rest of my life I don't care. I had to find you and make sure you were okay." I stated, standing my ground.

"Well you're here. You found me. I'm fine. Now go home." He demanded, intimidating me by standing tall in his seat. I rolled my eyes, knowing this trick all to well and glared back.

"No."

"Now."

No!

"I said now, y/n. Don't make me say it again."

"No. I'm not gonna leave you Jughead. I didn't walk through the freezing rain all night in these painful ass heels just for you to push me away." I barked, finally snapping. Not breaking he continued to glare at me, stance not giving any sign of faltering. I sighed, opening my small bag and standing from the booth.

"Call me when you get to Florida so I know you're safe." I sighed, sliding the small slip of photos across the table and in front of him. Slowly I began making my way out of pops, worried about him.

Walking through the parking lot I shivered, pulling the jacket closer to my body.

"Y/n."

I stopped in my tracks. Wondering if my mind was playing tricks on me. My wonders were quickly shut down when I felt Jughead hug me from behind, head digging into the crook of my neck, searching for warmth like a dog. 

~~~~

"I swear to you. I had no idea. And you know damn well if I did I would've told you."

"I-I know. And I'm sorry. I was so...so hurt and betrayed by those guys my initial reaction was to blame everyone in sight." Jughead mumbled as pop set our third cup of coffee in front of the two of us. He sighed, talking of the knit Bennie and harshly set it on the table. Without saying a word I put my head on his shoulder, his warm and soothing smell covering me like a comforting blanket.

In the blink of an eye Archie, Betty and Veronica were all surrounding us, questions and statements flew from their mouth at a never ending rate, startling the two of us. Jughead slowly snaked his hand around my waist as Archie began talking about tonight's events.

"Juggie, we screwed up. We all did. Breaking into your dads trailer was wrong, but at least some good came out of it."

I quickly shook my head at the ginger, hoping he wouldn't say anything. I hadn't said anything ti jug yet because I wanted to be certain. I don't wanna get his hopes up for it to only be information that proves to be no help.

"Pretty sure my dad was just arrested for murder." Jughead snapped back, hands still rested on my hip and his head was panted on my shoulder.

"That gun wasn't there when we searched his trailer. Someone put it there after we left." Veronica stated from behind us. I mentally face-palmed as I felt Jughead quickly raise his head from my shoulder and turning his attention towards our raven haired friend.

"What are you talking about?" He questioned, voice just above a whisper. His fingers now digging into his waist I could just imagine his knuckles were whiter than milk. I hissed at the slight burning sensation on my skin.

"Jughead...they might be wrong though." I added, looking towards the boy.

"We're not wrong." Archie snapped. I sighed, grabbing jugheads hand away from my hip and holding it in both hands.

"If we pursue this and it turns out to be a dead end, I need you to promise me you won't leave, or do something stupid." I demanded, squeezing jugheads hands.

"I promise."