Best friend

Reminder

"What the hell is "secrets and sins?"" I asked Cheryl as I glared her down from my spot by the window next to Jughead

"It's a variation on "truth or dare." In which we own our truths by telling it like it is." She explained, slowly moving in the middle of the room like she was a prize about to be auctioned off at a carnival. "I'll start the game with Veronica lodge."

"Naturally." V mumbled, rolling her eyes. I shifted uncomfortably, resting my head on jugheads shoulder.

"Let's begin with the day you and your mob wife of a mother came to town for a so-called fresh start." Cheryl began. "Tell us Veronica, what so "fresh" about sitting by watching daddy dearest continue to do business from inside the steal walls of the prison he was shoved into. Isn't it true that your father, from prison, illegally purchased the drive-in land? Which makes me wonder, what else is he doing from behind bars?"

"Well, I can't speak for my father..." Veronica pipped up. "But I can think of someone with a very dirty secret. Specially, Cheryl killing her very own brother."

"Everyone knows how much I loved my brother." Cheryl defended, her voice sounding less confident.

"Exactly." Veronica smiled. "But did you love him maybe in ways a sister shouldn't love a brother? And as you got older, Jason started to think it was strange, unnatural. So he choose Polly over you. So you shot him between the eyes with one of your fathers many hunting riffles."

Cheryl took a step back, whipping tears that feel from her brown eyes, clearly regretting ever suggesting the game.

"This game is sick." Dilton Doiley said from the far corner, almost like he was coming out of the shadows....and if I'm being honest I didn't even know he was here. "I wanna go next."

"That's the spirit, doiley. What secrets do you have to reveal to us?" Chuck questioned, smirking at the small man.

"I saw ms. Grundys car by sweetwater river that day Jason went missing. I told Betty and Jughead and then ms. Grundy quit her job and left riverdale, like, two days later. And let's not forget that Archie was also at sweetwater river that morning." Doiley explained, like he was king shit. I looked towards Betty and Archie, a hurt look on my face. Why didn't anyone tell me?