Purity

What you wearing

I had to get out of there

I had to get out of there. Being in that hospital felt like sitting underwater, that burning sting in your lungs, begging for you to go up for air. I didn't know where I was going I just left, leaving Archie to talk to sheriff Keller. Every time I opened my mouth I felt like I was doing something wrong. But maybe it wasn't me, maybe it was the way juggies leg wouldn't stop bouncing. Or the way mom kept sending each one of us a glare for no reason at all. Or it could possibly be the fact that Archie was clearly blowing me off every time I tried to comfort him. Whatever it was, it made me feel uneasy. I knew I should still be there, comforting my boyfriend but I didn't know how.

So....I just kept walking. I kept walking until I somehow managed to appear at sweetwater river. Not sure why, it was still slightly frozen and there was snow everywhere but somehow, the silence felt comforting in a way.

The silence that only lasted until my phone started ringing. Looking down at the caller ID I sighed.

"What, Veronica?"

I didn't mean to sound so harsh, it just kinda came out that way. Maybe the cold was going to my brain.

"Y/n. Uh, I didn't realize you had run off so quickly, but uh. Archie was informed that his dad is okay.....kinda." Veronica sighed into the phone. Balling my hands into tight fist I took a deep breath.

"Kinda?" I questioned, my voice stiff with worry.

"He's...he's not breathing on his own yet and they still won't let Archie see him. So...we sent him home. To get changed, shower. Do what he has to do. But we're not sure if he should be left alone so we were hoping you would meet him there?"

Taking a deep breath I let Veronicas words sink in. I've never been good a comforting people. It's bad enough when I try to help someone who's going through something I've gone through myself, but when it's done I've never experienced, and hope to never experience. I don't know what to do.

"Yeah. I'm-I'm at sweetwater river right now. I'll head over there." I answered. Exchanging goodbyes, V and I ended the call and I began making my way towards the Andrews residence. Where my boyfriend lies. Heartbroken and scared.

~~~~
ARCHIES POV

My short walk with Vegas helped take my mine off things for only a small period of time. The second I stepped foot back in that house I felt everything come crashing back down, the weight of the world being held up by only me. The copper smell that radiated off me was enough to take down a horse. Or even set off a metal detector. I don't why I was afraid to shower. In a way I felt if I showered I'd be watching my father fall down that drain along with the water.

Shaking my thoughts away I trudged up the stairs, taking two at a time. Wanting to jump in before I lost my confidence. Quickly opening the door to the bathroom that sat on the hallway I started the shower.

As the water got warm I stood in front of the mirror, starring back at myself. I red hair matched my stained skin in a almost poetic way. The way my shirt felt heavy with liquid made my whole body feel like it weighed 700 pounds. In response I quickly tore off my clothes, hopping into the warm embrace of the shower. As I let the water run through my hair, it took every ounce of myself not to look at the water.

But I'm weak. I broke. Turning around I starred down at my feet, watching the crimson water run down into the drain, slowly disappearing from sight.

I must've been so focused on the blood that I jumped out of my skin when I felt a soft hand make contact with my back. Quickly turning around I was met with a naked y/n. Her eyes, wide and glossy with worry met Mine. Afraid to let my eyes travel further than her face, I kept eye contact.

"Archie. Are you okay?" She asked, her voice soft. It was so soft I almost didn't hear it over the water.

"Yeah....why-why are you here?" I questioned, my tone coming out harsh. I'm not sure why. I was glad she was here. But it hurts to look her in the eyes knowing I'm in love with her sister......and her.

"Umm...." she began, her gaze not leaving my eyes. "Veronica called me and told me about your dad and how you were coming here. And we thought it would be best if I kept you company."

"No. I mean why are you In here?" I corrected, finally letting my eyes travel as far as her well chiseled collarbones. Taking a step closer to me she set both hands, palm down on my shoulders.

"I wanted...I wanted to make you forget." She paused for a moment, planting a delicate kiss on my lips. The water still running from the shower head made the kids wetter, our lips slipping between each other. "I wanted....Wanted to make you feel good, even for a moment."

And that she did. For a moment I felt okay as she kissed me faster, directing my hands towards her waist. We kissed as the water poured down on us. Our wet bodies pressed together, our hands moving against each other's skin. The steam in the bathroom made everything hotter as her hand wanders to places they've never been before. Her thighs rubbed against me in all the right way, while our breathing got heavier.

Then it snapped.

"Y/n." I breathed, pushing her away from me. I stood there catching my breath.

"What?" She questioned, yet another look of worry plastered on her beautiful face. "Did I do something wrong? I've never gone this far. I-I can do something differently, I just kinda thought you were enjoying it because of your bon~"

"Y/n." I snapped, ending her rant. "I don't wanna have sex with you."

"Ouch." She mumbled, looking down at the shower floor. She slowly pulled the curtain back, stepping out the warm shower. Sighing I ran my hand over my face before doing the same.

I noticed her begin to put her clothes on but I grabbed her hand, stopping her.

"Y/n. I didn't mean it like that. "

"Than how'd you mean it?" She asked, finally turning to face me. The small amount of tears falling down her red cheeks didn't go unnoticed as she continued to talk.

"Seriously Archie. Because you won't talk to me, you won't kiss me, hell you won't even touch me and now I'm finally ready to give myself to you and you reject me. Am I....I am I not pretty enough. Is there something I'm missing. Because I'm really starting to believe this relationship is so one side, it shouldn't even be a thing anymore."

What do I say? Was there anything I could say? It's not like I could tell her truth. "Y/n I can't sleep with you and take your purity because I'm sleeping with your sister because I'm madly in love with both of you!" No! I can't say that.

"Y/n.....I think you're the sexiest, smartest, most talented person I know. And I love you so...so damn much. You have no idea how badly I want rip that towel off and take you right here over the sink......because believe me, myself control is running pretty low. But I just....I can't. Because I care about to much to give something like that to a guy like me so soon."

She slowly walked closer to me, wrapping her arms around my bare waist and hugging me. I sighed in relief and quickly hugged her back. I'm that moment I never wanted to let go, in that moment I questioned my feeling for her sister. Preying they were just fake.

"How about you hop back in there and I'll go downstairs, feed Vegas and make some lunch?" She questioned, her voice quiet as she wiped her tears.

"I'd like that." I smiled, rubbing her upper arm. She pecked my lips before pulling away and starting to put her clothes on. I quickly got back into the shower, getting back to cleaning myself.

Once she was long left, I stood there, wondering if I had made the right choice. My little friend sure didn't think so.