Apologizing to the devil

Reminder

"Excuse me, sir

"Excuse me, sir. We need to see sheriff Keller." Archie demanded as we raced into the police station.

"There's been a huge mistake." Betty added. I subtly slipped my hand into juggies, interlocking our fingers. Just by holding his one hand I could feel how tense he was. Hands cold yet sweaty and his fingers would twitch every two seconds.

"Sheriff." Veronica began, spotting Keller making his way down the hall and gaining his attention. "We need to talk to you about FP Jones."

"What about him?" Keller asked.

"He's innocent. He's being framed." Archie informed. I watched as confusion glazed the sheriffs eyes, lips twitching into a scowl.

"Well, then why did he just confess?"

Felling jugheads hand go limp in mine, I tightened my grip, refusing to let it fall as FP walked by our group. His face wearing no sight of regret or remorse for his son. Heartbroken his father betrayed him once again. Like everything moved in slow motion, FP starred at his son before turning away not saying a work as they continue to escort him to his cell.

~~~~

Waking up with a blinding headache I quickly brought my hands to my forehead, rubbing my temples with my index and middle finger, reliving the built up pressure. lifting the warm comforter off my body I began sitting up out of bed only to feel a unfamiliar weight on my waist. Looking down in confusion I saw a hand draped over my waist.

"Morning." The deep and husky voice mumbled from behind my head. I turned around to come face to face with the man I fell asleep with after a terrible night.

"Good morning. What are you still doing here?" I questioned, worry lacing my voice knowing my mother could barge in at any second.

"What, not happy to see me?" He asked, a fake pout spreading across his lips. Letting out a huff I rolled my eyes, light slapping his chest. He let out a breathy chuckle and grabbed my hand.

"Of course I am. But you know what my mother will do if she finds you in my bed. How angry she'll be!" I hissed, shivering at the thought.

"How mad do you think she'll be if she found us doing it?" He asked, a sly smirk plastered on his face.