Read to me

What you wearing

Stepping into my bed after a long day felt like heaven

Stepping into my bed after a long day felt like heaven. The silk comforter engulfed my body in a warm feeling of euphoria. Bring my hands up to my hair I quickly put it up, getting it out of my face. I grabbed my book of my bedside table and began reading.

The book was good, yet my mind began to drift. Everything that has happened seemed like a movie, like wasn't actually my life.

Everything seemed to fall apart at the edges. When it gets good, it's comes crashing down once again. But I'm happy. I'm okay.

At least that's what I tell myself.

I'm not quite sure when I had fallen asleep but the ringing of my phone jerked me awake in a panic. I quickly grabbed my phone, checking the time. 3:17 am. Who the hell? Looking at the caller I.D my confusion grew.

"Hello?" I said into the phone, my voice raspy with sleep.

"Y/n." Jughead mumbled, his voice horse. I could hear his breathing. Heavy and uneven.

"Juggie. Hey, Hey. What's-what's up? Everything okay?" I asked, sitting up in my bed and leaning on the headboard. He sighed, clearly contemplating what to say next.

"Yeah, yeah everything's......no. No everything's not okay." He gulped, his words coming out slowed.

"Jughead?"

"Just-just stay on the phone. Just stay here with me. Please? Just let me pretend your here with me for a moment. That you here- here holding me, telling me everything gonna be okay. Can you do that?" He asked. His sobs were now more than noticeable.

"Honey, of course I can." I reassured, laying back down, the phone pressed to my check. We sat there for god knows how long, just listening to each others breathing.

"You wanna talk about it?" I questioned, finally breaking the silence that had overcome. I heard him shuffle a little, a sigh coming from his mouth.

"Not really." He simply said. That was enough. I wasn't gonna pressure him, beg him to tell me something he didn't wanna talk about. He needed this. To be here in the moment, even for a second. Somewhere he felt safe.

Once again the silence got louder, the only noise was the sound of raindrops falling against my window.

"Y/n?" Jughead finally spoke.

"Yes, darling?"

"Can you read to me? Please?"

Smiling I put my phone on speaker, setting it beside me as I grabbed a random book. Getting comfortable once again I slowly began reading. As I read I managed to keep my voice as calm and soft as I could.

As I continued Jughead would make little comments about certain things I had read, like a child receiving a bed time story. My heart swelled knowing that whatever he's going through I clearly can't help. He's my everything, really. The one person I know I can go to for anything. Sure I have betty, Veronica and Archie. But what I have with jughead is different, Amazing. My heart beat for him.

Noticing how his breaths got louder and heavier I slowly let my voice fade out as he asleep, together yet so far away. Setting the book down I kept the call going as I got comfortable, preparing for sleep myself. As I layer down my mind was racing, confused about the feelings that was swarming in my stomach, creating an uncomfortable sea of butterflies.

Love.

That's what I was feeling.

HEYY! I HOPED YOU LIKED THIS CHAPTER. I KINDA THOUGHT WE ALL NEEDED A LITTLER SEROTONIN<3