Calls

What you wearing

I was walking down the hall, my bag on my side

I was walking down the hall, my bag on my side. My head ached and my throat hurt. I've spent the last two days, cooped up in my room by myself, crying. Jughead was my best friend and the fact that he would lie to me about something like that hurt me to my core.

But my mind couldn't help but wonder. What if he was telling the truth. What if everything he said, every detail was real. My heart told me not to believe him, to trust Archie and put my heart and soul into our relationship but my mind told me to trust my best friend. To believe him and let him comfort me over movie( a little Rob Lowe) pizza and a whole bunch of ice cream.

I sighed, stopping at my locker and opening it, watching as a letter feel out. A confused look spread across my face as I bent done and grabbed the folded slip of paper. My eyes slid across the page ready the scribbled words.

Lunch. Be ready. I'll call.

The hell? Who was this from and who are they, Batman? I rolled my eyes crumpling the paper and throwing it back into my locker before slamming the door shut. Just as I was about to turn around and leave, a voice called my name.

"Y/n!"

I turned around to see Archie, running out of a classroom, making his way towards me.

"Hey, baby." I smiled, even though I knew the both of us could tell it was fake, I wasn't mad with him and I wasn't gonna make him feel that way.

"I-I went by your house this morning. I was gonna walk to school, but your mom said you'd already left." He explained, grabbing my hand. I sighed, bringing my free hand up to my forehead and rubbing it.

"I'm sorry. I just didn't know if Jughead had slept over at your house and didn't wanna risk seeing him." I answered truthfully. I know, I know it's petty but really can blame me. The person I trusted most in the world betrayed me and I couldn't figure out why. 

"You know, y/n, maybe you should forgive him." Archie suggested. My brows furrowed together in confusion as I look up at him.

"Forgive him? Are you not angry yourself? Archie, he lied to me. He told me you were cheating on me. Aren't you hurt that your best friend would say something like that."

"Listen, y/n.." Archie began but I quickly stopped him as I saw Veronica come running towards us with a man I didn't recognize.

"Y/n." She greeted, grabbing my arm. "My old friend nick here is having a little soirée at his hotel tonight. Will you come? Y/n is my bestie and the best."