marriage

Reminder

We sat there in silence as we slowly ate the sandwiches I made

We sat there in silence as we slowly ate the sandwiches I made. If I'm being completely honest I was a little afraid to say something. He's been acting different lately and I wish I knew why but I can't ask him.

"These are good." He smiled, breaking the silence and looking up from his plate. Doing the same I smiled back, trying to show that mind wasn't racing.

"I'm glad."

"Y/n...." He began, but I cut him off before he could say anymore.

"It's okay, Archie. I get it, okay. And I'm great full that you care so much. I just don't get why you've been so distant lately. I mean, I would get if it was just today, but it's been often. You don't call me, you don't talk to me, you shrug me off every chance you get, and I don't get it. What did I do?"

"You.....you did nothing. It's me. I've been- I've been thinking things over." He sighed, putting his head in his hands. And there it is. To say I was terrified would be understatement.

"Archie? Are you breaking up with me?" I asked, my voice shaking.

"What?" He questioned, his head shooting up. He quickly moved across the table and sat in the seat next to me, grabbing both my hands with his. "No, god no. I would never dream of it. I love you do damn much."

"You....you said that earlier. In the shower." I started, slightly confused that he would say that again.

"What?" He asked, a confused look on his own face.

"That you love me. We've....we've never said that before. I mean, sure we did when we're just friends, but....that's was different." I mumbled, looking at my hands.

"Oh." He grunted, sitting back in his chair. "Right........what if I said I meant it. What if I said I'm in love with you, more than just friends."

"Archie, you're going through a lot today. Are you sure you wanna do this now?" I asked. He once again grabbed both my hand with his, balling them together and holding them tightly.

"Yes. I wanna say this in case I never get the chance to say it. In case that man comes back to finish the job but shoots me instead. Y/n copper....I'm madly in love you. I see a future with you. I see a life with you. Kids, a big house with a white picket fence. Everything we could ever want. But I want it all with you. I wanna wake up next to you every morning. I wanna put a ring on your finger."

"Archie." I sighed, feeling my heart sink, the love I have for him consuming it completely like a virus. "I want that too. I love you so much. God you have no idea."

Smiling, he pulled me into his chest. Hugging me tightly. His embrace warming me to my very core. Making me feel safe, loved. Like every bad thing would slowly slip away as long as he would never let go.

His shoulders slowly began to shake, the sod of his quiet sobs met my ears. Slowly I began to rub his back, letting him let go.

"Archie?" I questioned, pulling away. "Honey, what is it?"

"Baby, I'm scared." He cried. "Im scared I'm gonna lose him. Im terrified. Absolutely terrified. I've never felt like this before. He's my whole world I can't lose him."

"Archie, look at me. You won't, okay. You won't."

ITS SHORT I KNOW BUT I FEEL LIKE AFTER EVERYTHING THAT HAPPENED WITH THE LAST LIKE 7 CHAPTERS WE COULD ALL USE A LITTLE CUDDLY CHAPTER.

I HONESTLY FEEL BAD FOR Y/N THO. SHE HAS NO CLUE WHATS COMING.