06 | Sucker for Sophie

Calum | POV

"Excellent, Mr. Hood." Mr. Collins hands me back my essay with a satisfied smile. "You, indeed, deserve the top spot you have in my class." I nod and thanked him. "You're a great professor." I tell him. He adjusts his glasses. "It's very interesting how you put your words together, and not just that, by reading your paper I've come to realize that your ideas are far more complicated than others in my class. Despite that, you were able to explain it simply and perfectly. That's what I'm looking for."

I smile. "Thank you, sir." He clears his throat and readjusts his seat. "Perhaps you could help one of my students, not everyone is as sophisticated of a thinker as you, Calum Hood." He praises me once again and I nod. He the dismisses me and I walk out of his office. 

"Hey." I froze. A single word from that voice, and I stop walking. I slowly turn around and there she was. Sophia was standing there, smiling at me. "Sophie." I said. She smiled comfortingly and took steps closer to me. "I heard about what happened last Saturday night.." she looked down at her shoes. "I uh..heard you got into a fight because of me." She bites her lip. 

Please don't do that. I thought. 

"I just wanted to see if you're doing okay." She looks up, and this time, she looked at me in the eye. There was silence. "Ehem." I cleared my throat. "I am." I tell her, trying my best to sound okay. She sighs in relief and she touches my face. 

Please don't do that. I thought again.

"I'm really sorry about what happened to us, Cal. Just like what I told you, you were the best thing that's happened to me.." She rubs her thumb over my cheek. "I just.. I can't deal with so many things, so much pressure, and.. I don't know." She drops her hand and sighs. "I still love you, Cal, I do.. But maybe this is how far we could be." She says, she frowns. 

"I'm sorry, Cal." She turns and walks away. I listen to the clicking of her steps as I walked away too. And the she stops. "Wait for me." I hear her say and I quickly turned around. She was looking at me, waiting for my response. I heaved a sigh of relief. 

She still loves me. She wants me back.

"I will." I smile. 

I will wait for you, Sophie. I will give you all the time, no matter how long you need.

I made my way to the parking lot when I walked out of the building, my schedule ends early today. "Psst." Someone calls but I don't stop. "Psst. Calum!" I look for the direction of the voice. "Calum!" It calls again. I followed the voice until I was under the shade of a huge tree. "Up here!" The voice says and I look up.

A blue haired Michael looks down and waves at me. "What are you doing?" I ask. "Oh nothing, just hanging around." He laughs at his own joke and I roll my eyes. 

Michael doesn't go to school. Well, technically he does. INFAMOUS has its own, let's say, 'school'. Since we're mafia, not everyone has it easy when it comes to hiding their second life, and for the people who cannot deal with two identities, they choose to study in Infamous' own facility. 

Infamous has it's own educational system, more like home school, but more advance should I say. I preferred to study outside, in a real school with real people. Michael, on the other hand, chose to study in Infamous. He doesn't have trouble living two identities, he works in a flower parlor for Pete's sake. 

Michael simply doesn't like people. Socializing would probably be the last thing he will do. 

"Wasn't your hair red yesterday?" I ask, looking up. "Yea, but it's been days since I dyed it red—" he jumps down. "—so I dyed it to blue. I can't stick to one color, man. That's boring—and Michael Clifford—" He points to himself. "Is never boring."