12 | Assassination

12 | Assassination

Mia | POV

Calum was on my bed studying for his big exam happening on the day after my play. The director will be choosing who's playing what role tomorrow and I'm nervous as hell.

"You're playing with your hair again." Calum's voice woke me from my trance. I didn't realize I was, so I tied my hair up into a ponytail.

"Stop giving me more things to worry about, Mia. I have a huge test coming up. Do your readings and finish your essay." He orders.

I turn to look at him, his eyes were glued to his book. "How come you get to study in my bed and I have to study in this corner?" I complained.

His face unchanging when he replies "Because if I let you study in your bed, you'll end up studying in your dreams." He sends me a quick smile and I laugh. Ever since Sophia and Calum got back together, he doesn't treat me so badly anymore. Maybe it's true, girls do really make bad boys good boys.

"Do you want me to call Sophia?" He asks and I raised my eyebrows confused. "I'm going to tell her you're crushing on me." He says. I made a choking sound. "Don't flatter yourself. I have a boyfriend." I shot back.

"Then stop staring and get back to reading." He scolds. I laughed and started with the next chapter of the book.

A good hour later, I was done with my essay. I planted my feet on the side of the table and pushed back so my chair slides to the bed. "I'm done. What do you think?"

It took him a few minutes before he finally said something. "Not bad. I didn't know you're capable of writing like this." He compliments and I shrug. "Maybe it took a Calum Hood to make me a tad smarter." We both laugh and I slid back to my study table.

There was the faintest knock on my door, a few moments later, Harry enters the room bringing with him two slices of cake. He walks to Calum first, handing him a slice of marble cake and a drink. "Thanks, Styles." He says and Harry smiles. He walks over to me next with a huge grin on his face, making me grin as well.

"And for you." He gently places it on my desk. He takes the mug and hands it over to me. "Made it just the way you like it, hot chocolate with cinnamon." I blush a little. Is this a part of his training? Was he supposed to know everything that I liked? "Thank you." I smile at him. He smiles and for a moment we just locked our eyes. He clears his throat. "You're welcome, MJ." He says as he gave my china little squeeze before leaving my room.

MJ?

My heart skipped a beat. It couldn't be him, could it?

"Mia?" I hear Calum's voice and the clinking of the fork on his plate as he eats the cake.

Impossible.

"Mia." Calum calls out again, this time his voice was clearer, louder. I turn to him with a questioning look. "Are you done staring at the door?" He teases. I barely cracked a smile, but my blush went all the way. "Sorry, i'm gonna get back to reading in a while. Just let me finish this." I tell him. I was facing the slice of cake Harry set down in front of me.