24 | Cantil Snakes

24 | Cantil Snakes

Luke, Camille, and I were sat in the lunch table as we waited for Harry to come back with our drinks.

"How's it like in the White House?" Luke asks, taking a potato fry from my plate and eats it. I shrug, "I'm happier living in a normal house." I say.

"Can't believe I'm friends with you." He says, giving me a grin. "What are you so smiley about?" Camille asks Luke and he turns to me smiling proudly.

"Not to brag but," he starts, stealing one of my fries before speaking again, "I'm Mia's first kiss." He winks. My cheeks flush and I give him a push. "It was an act, it doesn't count!" I counter.

"It does." He smiles.

"So does not." I say.

"So does." He teases, his eyebrows moving playfully.

I slapped his arm. "Absolutely not!" I retaliate.

"What are you arguing about?" Harry asks as he put down the tray with our drinks. "Nothing!" I quickly say and Luke cackles.

"Oh yeah, my mom was watching the press conference in the kitchen, usually I wouldn't care but then I saw you-" Camille says, pointing at me. "And you were behind her." She says pointing to Harry next.

"So..are you guys for real or was this boyfriend and girlfriend an undercover thing?" She asks in curiosity. I gulped. I honestly can't answer that because I have no idea what Harry and I are.

"It's complicated." Harry starts. "We used to be childhood friends." He explains and I absentmindedly nod.

"Our relationship wasn't real, it's a cover so I can be with her at all times, but even if it was a cover up-" he then looks at me, "You all should know that I care deeply about her." He smiles and Camille giggles from across the table.

"Oh yeah, before I forget, Miss Mendez wanted to see you after lunch. Turns out some big shot came to watch our play and loved you. You just got an invite to some ball, if I remembered it right." Camille says.

"Nothing for me?!" Luke playfully clenches his chest. Camille rolled her eyes. "Nothing for you, honey."

A group of girls came rushing to our table. "Mia oh my gosh can you introduce us to your brother?" The girl with the bun says. The braided one agrees, "Please Mia he's so hot!" She bites her lip.

I raised my brows at them. "I would but he's in America." I smiled. The girl with the high ponytail tilts her head, "What are you talking about? He's here! Why do you think you hear the screaming girls in the hallway?" She rudely says.

"Oh my God!" Ponytail points behind me and I turn around. I saw Ashton with a couple of security tagging behind him. His face was dead serious.

As soon as we spot him, Harry stands up and I was back to reality that he is my bodyguard. Ashton whispers something to him and Harry looks down at me. "We have to go." He says and I look at them both confused.

"You." Ashton eyes Luke, then Camille. "And you." I follow Ashton's gaze. "Follow if you want to live." He demands. Luke and Camille looks at each other confusingly.

-

"Your families are being investigated by The Bisons." Ashton looks at Camille and Luke. "Your and your families are potential hostages, baits to get Mia."

"Long story short, any friend of Mia and their families included, are in danger." He straightforwardly informs them. Guilt flushes over me as I look at my friends.

Luke looked terrified, while Camille looked like she wasn't affected. Who could blame her when she comes from a broken family?

The door opens and Calum walks in, who obviously just came from soccer practice. "Glad you decided to join us." Ashton rudely says.