16 | Clouds and Paper Airplanes

Mia | POV

It's weird just seeing Calum in school and not even smile or wave at him. I'm still mad at him for what happened last weekend. I know, it's been a week, but who can blame me, right? 

This is exactly why I decided from the start that I wouldn't make any close connections at all, but Camille happened, Luke happened, and eventually Calum did. I sighed. "You okay?" Harry loops his arm around mine and slips his fingers around my own as we walk in the halls. I held his hand tighter and nodded. "Tell me if you're not feeling well, I'll drive you home." He tells me and I nod again. 

 "I'll see you later. If you need me, call or text, okay?" He says. "And in case of emergencies, you know what to do." He says and I nod again. For a moment we just stood there outside my first class, smiling. "Okay byyyyye." I waved at him. He laughs. "What's so funny?" I ask. "Perhaps, love, if you let go of my hand I could leave." He looks down at our still intertwined fingers. I quickly pulled them away. "Okay now bye!"

He gives my nose a light pinch. "See you, love."

"Gag." Luke teases and I roll my eyes. "Get a girlfriend." 

***

First fitting of the costumes was today. Tatiana was helping me with Snow White's dress. "Turn around." She says and I do what i'm told. She tightens the sides of the dress. "I would just have to make a little adjustments here." She says and adjusts her glasses. There was a knock on the door, Sophia comes in. "oh.. sorry, I just needed help with my costume." She says. 

Tatiana walks over to her and helps her into her costume. When she was done, she shares my full length mirror and I praise how she looks. "You fit perfectly in everything, Soph." I smile at her. She acknowledges it but doesn't say anything. "Oh, hold on." She says and walks over to her bag. "You like , right?" She asks me. 

I hesitate, no, I don't like pink. I nod. "Guess you could say that." I reply and she beams brightly before rummaging through her bag. "I went shopping with Calum yesterday, I was looking for pendants and we came across this." She takes a small blue box. "It wasn't really my type, but Calum thought it would suit you." She looks down. 

"Made me tad jealous, but I know nothing is going on between the two of you." She says. "And uhm, Calum told me about what happened last weekend, and he feels really bad about it." She tucks a hair behind her ear. "I guess it's why he thought of you." She smiles. "Come on, open it." She insist, so I do. 

A soft gasp escapes my lips when I do. It was a pink tourmaline pendant. It's not exactly made in my style but it was beautiful still. "Thank you, it's beautiful." I tell her and she clasps her hand and smiles. "Glad you like it, my boyfriend seems to know you so well." She laughs. 

If Calum thinks giving me this expensive pendant will make me talk to him then he's wrong. Little did he know I can buy millions of these with my own pocket money.

****

"And Sophia was okay about it?" Harry asks as we enter the house and down the basement. "Apparently." I shrugged. "Hey Angus." I briefly acknowledged his presence in which he nods to, then I went back to my conversation with Harry. "Sophia has nothing to worry about anyway, I meant they think I'm with you." I tell him.