11 | Contender

11 | Contender

Mia | POV

"What? Like Angus isn't tight enough." I complained. The big brother called me up to meet him at a cafe near the school. He takes a sip from the purple straw. "Sorry, aside from my decision it was also dad's." He had his shades on and his hair in a bun.

"That would blow my new identity thing." I frowned. "Sorry, Mia. But we received intel that a mafia group is looking for the President's daughter." He says and I felt my fingers numbing. "That's impossible. I-People don't even know he has a daughter." I was in denial.

"That's why we're taking high caution. This group of killers want you so badly, bad enough that they found out you exist." He says. I tried to laugh "I'm not sure if I should take that the good way or the bad way." He ignores my attempt to make it out as a joke.

"Angus will be flying back here from Washington in a few hours. He will be coming back with another bodyguard to watch over you. This time, he stays with you in school." He informs me and my eyes grow wide. "Way to be discrete!" I raised my brows.

He laughs, for the first time since he arrived this morning, my brother finally laughs. I smile. "Seriously, Ash. I can't have a bodyguard follow me around school. People will notice." I stir my coffee and took a sip.

He gives me a sly smile. "Not if he's your boyfriend."

I choked in the middle of drinking the coffee. I put the mug down and hit my chest hard, coughing. Ashton stands up and rubs my back. "Oh my God. Made my day." He laughs. He walks back to his seat and hands me a glass of water.

I immediately chug it down. "You okay?" He smiles and I gave him a glare. "What do you think?! You're giving your-" I paused and leaned in after realizing my voice was very loud. "You're giving me a boyfriend?!" I whispered in disbelief.

"Not a boyfriend boyfriend. A bodyguard disguised as your boyfriend." He explains.

Fuck my life.

***

"Yooooooo." Calum's voice rings through the receiver. It's been a week since we started out little project Sophia and so far it's been doing great, seems to be working!

Sophia and Calum have been talking more often, and Calum treats me nicer now, he's not the ice cold person he used to be. We've grown close because of project Sophia. My grades aren't bad too! The professor has been giving me more difficult topics but for some reason i'm able to pull it off.

"Hey Cal." I simply say. Ashton was in the living room along with some security. They're not leaving until Angus gets here with my 'boyfriend'.

"Sophia and I are going out for some dinner, wanna come?" He asks and I shook my head even if he could see. "Can't." I tell him. "Why? Let me talk to Angus, he loves me." He laughs smugly.

"I really can't, I have to rehearse my lines." I lied. I've already read through the script many times I could recite them in my sleep. "Perfect timing, why don't Sophie and I get dinner for take out for the three of us? I'm also helping her with her script. I could be the prince." He suggests.

"Hahaha i'm good, Cal. Thanks anyway." I hear a knock on my door. "Gotta go, say hi to Sophie for me." I say before ending the call.

"Your brother calls for you, miss." One of the bodyguards say and I nod. I went to the living room and saw Ashton. Angus and another dude had their backs facing me.

"Oh, there she is." Ashton lights up and Angus turns around.

"Mia." Angus pauses. "Your new bodyguard." Angus gives him a brief look before looking back at me.