21 | Two Knights

21 | Two Knights

I woke up freezing and with a throbbing headache. I hug myself closer to my chest in attempt to preserve my body heat, but as I do, I feel someone pull me in and strong arms gently covers me.

I opened my eyes when I remembered I slept alone. I was very unexpected that I froze in my position. He smiles. "Sorry, I could hear you whimper in your sleep last night, and you were freezing." He says. I look at what i'm wearing and saw that I'm now in baggy sweater.

His hold was gently around my shoulders that I couldn't think straight. "You called out for me when I was supposed to leave, so I stayed." He says. I don't know how he's so comfortable with all of this.

My cheeks feel hot as I remember the kiss, and I can feel my heart beat stronger. I hope he doesn't feel it. "What time is it?" I whispered, snuggling in his black shirt. Since we're already in this position and i'm really cold, might as well be comfortable.

My forehead touches his chest and I notice him hitch a breath. "Maybe around three in the morning." I feel the vibration in his chest as he speaks. There was silence.

I started feeling sleepy again but quickly snapped out of it when he breaks the silence. "Why are you doing this?" He asks and I look at him questioningly. "Why are you doing this?" I returned the question.

"Because I care for you." He says. I looked into his eyes and waited for him to say something else, I don't know what exactly I'm waiting for him to say, but I just waited. "Why are you doing this? Why aren't you asking me to let go of you and leave the room?" He asks.

I closed my eyes. "Because i'm cold." I tell him, although I am not sure myself if that is why I indirectly asked him to stay.

After a short silence he whispers, "Okay." and he holds me securely.

- ❊ -

When I woke up again, Calum was gone. I got up and walked out, everyone was already up and moving around. "You're up." Mali spots me, she was carrying a bag of medical supplies. "Oh, hi Mali. Uhm.." Would it be awkward if I asked her where her brother was?

"We're loading the van, Angus and his team arrived this morning." She smiles. My mood immediately lightens up, "Angus is here?" She nods. "He was working with us hands on, together with your brother Ashton who, by the way, is alive and kicking giving orders outside." She lets out a laugh and I shake my head smiling.

"Calum didn't want to wake you up." She says, to which I respond with a smile. She then excuses herself and jogged down the stairs with the medical supplies. I stood there with nothing to do, I feel so useless not being able to help with anything.

I went outside to greet Ashton, he smiles widely when he sees me and I run to him. "Hiiiiii" I sing song as I hug him. "I'm so happy you're okay. You scared me." I tell him and he ruffles my hair. "Sorry." He says. Just when I let go of Ashton I hear Angus.

"Mia!" He jogs to me and I give him a big fat hug. "Glad you're all okay. We're taking you back home." He says and I took a step back. "Washington?" I asked and he nods. "Your father wants you back home, whether you like it or not." He informs me.

I resented the idea. I didn't want to go back to Washington if it means I have to hide forever.

"Are we not going to intercept the mafia? Calum can lead us to the headquarters and we can take it down." I try to convince him and he looks at me with an expression of pity. "We were to intercept them last night while you were on your way to the airport, but when we got there, it was empty, not a single soul. They saw it coming." He explains.