A mind breaking showdown

The group gets to the city tiredly after a long walk."Well I'm really tired let's get to the Pokémon center and get some rest."Ash says yawning and so does Pikachu and Ash scratches him under his chin and he some what purs."Wow Ash you almost always have energy, what gives?"Misty ask."Well this has been a long week.Besides, me and James need rest for our gym battle tomorrow."Ash says walking into the building."Hi, have you heard about any kids under the age of ten walking in that dark forest?"Jessie ask pointing in the forest direction.Nurse Joy sighs."That's just Sabrina.She likes to play tricks on some trainers with her psychic powers."Nurse Joy says and gets a weird look."I think ya might of been cooped up in here to long."Meowth says."I know it sounds weird but it's true."Nurse Joy says.Brock walk up to Nurse Joy starts to shyly ask Nurse Joy out for a date.Ryhorn gets out of her Pokeball starts to get ready to use Smart Strike but Misty puts a hand in front of her telling Ryhorn to stop and wait.Nurse Joy sorta smiles awkwardly and denies him saying she already has a boyfriend.Brock holds in the pain and apologizes walking away.When they're healing their Pokémon James takes Brock's Pokémon for him and they get them healed.

                                                                  In the boys shared room

Ash, James, and Meowth look awkwardly at each other while Brock's balling his eyes out.Ash picks up Brock's Pokeballs he dropped and releases all his Pokémon besides Onix, but he heard from inside his Pokeball.Vulpix curls up in his lap and licks him and Geodude along with Golbat hug Brock while Onix's Pokeball some how hops toward Brock lap and shakes."Thanks guys.It's just, I tried what Misty told me like not being to straight forward but....."Brock says and wipes off the tears."I gotta move forward.You live you learn."Brock says."That's right, anyway I'm taking a hittin the hay.Also take a shower you stinky humans!"Meowth says curling up over  James' sleeping bag because they're letting Brock sleep in the bed.

                                                                                The next day

"This should be the place."James says looking at what looks like a gym."Well let's go!"Ash says trying to run in but hits his head on what seems to be nothing."Ow!"Ash says falling back and hears laughing.They see a guy in his early teens laughing at Ash walk outside the gym."What's so funny?!"Ash ask angrily."It's just, you fell for the oldest trick in the book!"The teen says laughing his head off."What trick?"James ask."You don't get it do you?Everyone here is psychic."The guy says levitating his Pokeballs into the air."If you fell for a trick like that then you'll never be able to challenge Sabrina."The psychic says."Well you never know until you try, I challenge you to a battle!"Ash says grabbing a Pokéball."Sure.If you win you and your friends can challenge Sabrina.If I win you can never come back."He says."Sure!"Ash says."Ash!"Everyone else says surprised because Ash just made an offer that might not go so well."I'll be fine!Now where will it be?"Ash ask."Don't worry about it."The psychic says and they all teleport to a battle arena."At least warn us!"Meowth says angrily.The Psychic doesn't care and steps onto his side of the battlefield and so does Ash."This will be a three vs three.No potions allowed.Let the battle be!"Brock says."Go, Hypno!"The psychic says releasing his Pokémon."Go, Krabby!"Ash says releasing the crab Pokémon."This'll be easy.Hypno, use Psybeam!"The psychic says and Hypno fires a multi colored beam from his palms."Krabby, counter it with Bubble Beam!"As says and Krabby fires a stream of bubbles at the Psybeam but seems to be losing."Krabby, stop and use Knock Off on the Psybeam!"Ash says and Krabby stops firing bubbles.Both of her claws glow with dark energy and somehow is walking towards Hypno while blocking the Psybeam from hitting her and eventually smacks hypno making it drop it's pendulum."What!How!"The Psychic ask angrily."Knock Off is a dark type move a Psychic type moves have no effect on dark types so I guess it carries off to the move."Brock says."Well it doesn't matter, we'll still win!Hypno, use Thunder Punch!"The psychic says and the attack hits and blast Krabby away."Krabby, use Metal Claw!"Ash says and Krabby's claws glows white and strikes the Hypno blasting it away.Once the dust clears Hypno is barely standing."Hypno, use Psyshock!"The psychic says but nothing still happens."Now, Krabby use Stomp!"Ash says and Krabby stomps Hypno into the ground making it faint."What?!You cheated!"The psychic says."He didn't cheat."They all hear and a young woman teleports onto the battlefield.She picks up the dropped pendulum from the ground."Hypnos channel their psychic energy the their pendulum.You should of listened when I gifted him to you as a Drowzee."She says throwing the pendulum at her student and teleports away."You embarrassed me in front of Sabrina!You'll pay!"He says returning Hypno and releases his Kadabra."Krabby return!"Ash says returning Krabby."Go, Marowak!"Ash says releasing the Alolan form."Kadabra, use Shadow Ball!"The psychic says."Marowak, use Shadow Bone to send it Back!"Ash says and Marowak baseball swings it back at Kadabra."Kadabra, use Teleport!"The psychic says and Kadabra teleports out the way."Kadabra, use Psycho Cut!"The psychic says and a pink blade of psychic energy forms in Kadabra's free hand.He teleports in front of Marowak ready to strike."Marowak, use Shadow Bone to block it!"Ash says."Kadabra teleport around it and use Psycho Cut repeatedly!"The psychic student says and Marowak is barely able to block the attacks.(Ash's mind)Why is everything moving in slow motion?Am I quick silver or am I activating ultra instinct?"Ash wonders.He sees Kadabra in slow motion teleport behind Marowak."Marowak, use Shadow Bone behind you!"Ash yells out loud.Marowak smacks Kadabra sending it flying back farther than expected."That Shadow Bone hit like a truck!"Jessie says."Well it was super effective and some Pokémon don't work on certain parts of their stats."Brock says."What do you mean?"James ask."Well some psychic types and their trainers don't think it's worth working on their defensive stats when they can just teleport out the way.that's why even landing one hit can change the sides of a battle."Brock says and everyone else nods.

"Kadabra, use Thunderbolt!" The Psychic student says but the attack does nothing and Marowak stands proudly."Marowak, use Fire Punch!"Ash says and the ghost type's fist catch on fire punching the psychic type dealing the final blow."You cheated!"The psychic student yells angrily."That's just Marowak's ability!"Ash says angrily."Well it's stupid!"He says returning Kadabra."Marowak return you did great!You also activated your ability!"Ash says and Marowak does a little dance happily.

"Go, Butterfree!"Ash says releasing the butterfly Pokémon."It's just a stupid butterfly, go Starmie!"The psychic student says and Ash gets mad."Butterfree, use Electro Web!"Ash says and Butterfree traps Starmie pretty easily."Now, use Poison Powder!"Ash says and butterfree releases purple spores on the Starmie poisoning it."Starmie use Power Gem!"The psychic says and purple rocks form in front of Starmie and shoots them at Butterfree but flinches taking poison damage."Butterfree use Silver Wind to send it back.Then use Energy Ball."Ash says and Butterfree sends the rocks back at Starmie and fires a green ball of energy at Starmie causing an explosion.They see the Starmie lying on the ground with it's gem barely glowing."No one calls Butterfree a stupid butterfly."Ash says angrily."I've seen enough they hear out of nowhere and the same young woman teleports back on the battlefield.