The not so gringey city

"I knew I smelt something."Ash says coughing."Yeah, me to."Misty says."I guess so, but not to bad."James says and Jessie nods."What do you mean "not to bad?"Brock ask."Before we met you guys, we didn't always stay in the cleanest parts of Kanto."Jessie says."Well I say we just try to get through this city as fast as possible."Misty says and everyone else nods.

"Uh, it smells even worse now.What Pokémon could even live here?"Misty ask."Actually, a good amount.The Rattata line are pretty resilient species, Spearow line as well, Ekans line, the Nidos, Zubat line, Meowth line, Grimer line, Voltorb line, Koffing line, and the Magnemi...Wait there's one over there."Brock says pointing to the electric steel type."Didn't we see both it's evolved forms in Surge's gym?"Jessie says."Yeah, Magneton and Magnezone.Wait, doesn't it look a little weird?I don't think that's normal for it."Ash says.They see a bit of orange on it's body, along with the screws and magnets."Aw man, it's all rusty."Ash says."Rust!No, no, no, no!"Brock says picking up the electric steel type."What's so bad?It's just rust."Jessie says."Rust is especially bad for steel types!In some very bad cases they can't even move!"Brock says."Well, what can we do?"Misty ask."First get it to a Pokémon center."Brock says and they run to the nearest Pokémon center.

"Nurse Joy, this Magnemite had rusted and we need to borrow some supplies."Brock says and Nurse Joy nods.

Brock grabs some water and baking soda and gets ready to clean off Magnemite."Okay Magnemite, I'll need you to try not to electrocute me at all."Brock says and Magnemite buzzes lightly.Just when Brock's about to start the lights suddenly flashes off."Wait what happened?"James ask."Go, Charmeleon!"Ash says releasing the fire type and his flame tail lights up the surrounding area."Everyone, stay calm.I'm gonna go turn on the backup generator."Nurse Joy says, reaches for a drawer and grabs a flashlight.

Nurse Joy is able to turn back on the lights with the backup generator but that leads to another question.What happened?"Why did the power go out?Last I checked it hasn't been raining."Jessie says."I don't know but... wait give me a second please."Nurse Joy says and picks up the phone."Oh, the power company says that there's a problem at the power plant."Nurse Joy says."Well that's a big problem."Misty says and suddenly Ash gets a call."Hi Ash, your Pikachu seemed to have gotten sick, but it's just a cold so he should be fine in a bit."Professor Oak says."Thanks for telling me Professor Oak, I'll have to call you back later."Ash says and hangs up."Okay so if something really is going this bad, we need to go check it out."James says."You guys go check out what's wrong, I'll stay here and take care of Magnemite and help Nurse Joy."Brock says and the rest nod.

"Alright let's get this over with."Misty says as they get into the power plant."So, we just have to get into the control room, deal with the problem, and get out the city."Ash says."Well it looks like the control room's not to far away."Misty says pointing to a map on a board and takes a photo of it with her phone."Anyway, let's go."Jessie says."Uh, guys do you hear something?"James says."What do you, oh Arceus that stinks!"Misty says and suddenly piles of sludge suddenly drops from the vents and split into different forms."What are these things?!"Jessie yells and Ash brings out his Pokédex.Grimer, the sludge Pokémon.Grimer's sludgy and rubbery body can be forced through any opening, however small it may be.This Pokémon enters sewer pipes to drink filthy waste water.Later on due to fossil fuels being used less, they've adapted to also eat garbage like their Alolan forms.

"That explains a bit."James says."Okay, let's talk about this uh, Meo-no he's not here.Growl- no he has a very sensitive nose.Go Koffing, no he has no hands so no sharades.Uh go Weepinbell."James says releasing the other poison type and she then bites on James' head."Weepinbell not now!"James says and pulls Weepinbell off his head."Alright Weepinbell I'm gonna need you to try to translate cause Meowth's not here."James says.Suddenly a larger Grimer falls out."Wee.Pin bell bell.Weepinbell!"Weepinbell says."Grimer!Grime!Grime!Grimer, Grime, Grime!"The largest Grimer says.Weepinbell turns around and hops over to James' bag, grabs some Pokémon food.She points at the Grimer and point at the the food."They want food?"James questions and Weepinbell nods or moves her body agreeing."They must be here to eat he wastewater."Ash says and Grimer nods."Okay so we will try to let you all have some wastewater, if you stay out here."Ash says."Ash, what are you doing?"Misty ask."Making a deal."Ash says and the big Grimer nods."You aren't lying, are you."The big Grimer asks in pokespeech and Ash is able to somewhat understand."No, I'm not lying.I honestly think the city could deal with less of the wastewater."Ash says but suddenly two adult men walk into the hall."Hello, is anyo- oh goodness!Kids get out of there, there's Grimer behind you!"One yells and runs."Wait!Aaand they're gone.Okay we'll talk to you all in a bit, we'll be right back!"Ash says and runs after the men."Wait slow down Ash!"Misty says and the two teenagers follow them.

Ash nocks on the door leading to the one of the adults ushering them inside the main room."Alright, we need to ta-"Ash starts to talk but is interrupted."Not now kid, do any of you have a phone?Ours were dead before we could see the Grimer."One says."Yes, but..."Jessie stutters."Then call the police, what are you wasting your time on?"The other ask."Can you just let us speak!"Jessie yells getting everyone's attention."Thank you, but we're tryna say that there's a more peaceful way out of this."James says."Well what is it?"One ask."Well you have a lot of wastewater, right?"Ash ask."Yes, and?"The same one answers."Well Grimer actually drink the wastewater and that's what they're here for."Ash says."How do you know that?"The other ask."We're very good at charades with our Pokémon."James says."Oh, well we'll have to call our boss about this."The one says."Okay, well we will allow them to deal with the wastewater, but after that it's in our boss's hands."The other says."But what about the damage?"The other ask."Probably just a bit minor."James says."But wouldn't it be better to not have to deal with this much waste?"James proposes."Fine."The two adults say."Okay, come on in!"Ash says and the family of Grimer pushes open the door leading the the two men screaming.