You win some, you lose some

"And now introducing, Jessie!"The announcer says and Jessie walks on stage."Go, Beedrill and Spearow!"Jessie says."Spearow use double team and quick attack at the same time!"Jessie says and Spearow makes copies of herself and flies around the stage making a small tornado."Beedrill use far range cross poison!"Jessie says and Beedrill makes a x shaped poison and fires it off in two directions mixing with the tornado."Now as the final touch, Beedrill use electro web on the top!"Jessie says and Beedrill fires off an electric web over the tornado around it making sparks fly around the stage and venom."Now let's wrap this up.Spearow use quick attack and Razor Wind around the stage!"Jessie says and wind starts to kick up breaking the tornado leaving behind purple and yellow dust falling on the ground and they all take a bow.

"I didn't know you're that good!"Misty says surprised of how well Jessie did."That's Jessie for ya!"Meowth says proud of his friend."Looks like grandma's back for more."Says a familiar girl."Grr!"Jessie says angrily."Hey calm down."James says trying to keep things peaceful."Well once grandma puts on her hearing aid tell her the reason she won was beginners luck."Kaylan says smugly.Jessie being angry as ever of course sweeped the competition until she got to Kaylan.

This is a battle between Jessie and Kaylan.Let the battle begin!"The announcer says."Go, Nidorina!"Kaylan says."Go Ekans!"Jessie says releasing her first Pokémon."Nidorina, use Iron Tail!"Kaylan says"Ekans, use Aqua tail!"Jessie says and the two tails collide but Nidorina starts to glow blue and she pushes back Ekans and but she flips making her land safely on the ground."How did that happen!"Jessie says surprised."Well Nidorinas ability is rivalry making her attacks double as strong when used on a Pokémon with the same gender."Kaylan replies."And with Ekans losing in the collide Jessie loses some of her points."The announcer says and Jessie's points go down."Ekans use dig!"Jessie says and Ekans burrows underground."Go after it and use bite!"Kaylan says and Ekans gets bitten on the tail to which she cries in pain."Ekans use Aqua tail!"Jessie says and Ekans slams Nidorina to the ground with her tail coated in water."Now both coordinators have lost their points."The announcer says and both their points go down."Nidorina use double kick!"Kaylan says and Ekans gets kicked twice."Ekans stay strong and use Wrap!"Jessie says and Ekans wraps around Nidorina."Nidorina try to break free!"Kaylan says but Nidorina can't break free."Now Ekans spin her away and pelt her with Poison Jabs!"Jessie says and Nidorina gets spun away and pelted be poisonous jabs."Nidorina use Shadow claw!"Kaylan says and Nidorina gets back up and slashes Ekans with shadowy claws making Ekans faint."And due to that critical hit Kaylan wins!"The announcer says."I told you it was beginners luck."Kaylan says smugly and walks away.Jessie sulks away not proud of herself.The group tries to cheer up Jessie by getting some lunch which helps a little but she's a still a little sad when anyone brings up Kaylan's name.

After leaving Cerulean City Ash has just defeated a Trainer's Rattata with his Pidgeotto.The trainer says he should try challenging A.J who he calls the best trainer and says he built a gym south to where they are.Of course Ash decides to challenge the him thinking he's just some random trainer.When they get to the gym they see a sign that says A.J wins being ninety eight and the latter being zero.A kid a little older than Ash walks up to them."So which one of you is my next victim?"The kid asks smugly."So you must be A.J."Ash says."You got that right.You ready to lose?"A.J asks smugly."I think it'll be the other way around."Ash says as A.J smirks.The large wooden gate opens and the group see a giant tent and A.J drops his bag to which a Butterfree flies down and effortlessly picks up the bag and flies inside the tent."That's one well raised Butterfree.By the way what's in the bag?"James asks."Thanks, it has the few Pokémon I just caught and some other stuff.I have my other Pokémon in the tent if you wanna look later."A.J says."So which Pokémon are you gonna use for my nintey ninth win?"A,J asks smugly."Well I think I'm gonna have to use my strongest Pokémon."Ash replies while walking on the battlefield."Go Sandshrew!"A.J says releasing his Pokémon."Go Pikachu!"Ash says and Pikachu jumps off his shoulder."Well this will be easy, Sandshrew use bulldoze!"A.J says and Sandshrew stomps on the ground making it shake."Pikachu use Quick Attack to not fal, then use Iron tail!"Ash says and Pikachu runs up to Sandshrew, jumps in the air and comes down with a Iron Tail."Sandshrew dodge it and prepare a Magnitude!"A.J says.Sandshrew dodges the attack making Pikachu's attack strike nothing but ground."Now!"A.J says and Sandshrew makes the ground shake."Pikachu keep up Iron tail and use Thunderbolt!"Ash says.Pikachu keeps his tail in the ground and uses Thunderbolt the electricity travels through Pikachu's Tail and into the ground.The electricity breaks the ground making rocks fly in front of Pikachu."Pikachu use Iron Tail on those rocks!"Ash says and Pikachu barrages Sandshrew with stones."I think I've seen enough A.J says and claps his hands making Sandshrew walk off the battlefield."What?"Ash says wondering why the battle stopped."I can see you're a good trainer but I think your Pokémon could use some more power behind those attacks.As you can see my Pokémon don't have the best move set.What I'm saying is I think we can help each other.Follow me your friends can come to."A.J says wanting Ash and his friends to follow him in the tent."You see Sandshrew diving in the water, a Beedrill along with a butterfree sparring, and a Rattata dodging tennis balls."As you can see my Pokémon can rely on physical traits and defense.Yours however rely on different tactics for different situations."A.J says."So what I think you're saying is we work together to cover each other's weaknesses."Ash says."Exactly, do any of you wanna join!?"A.J asks Ash's friends.The group nod and they get to training.