A troubling tournament

"Sabrina!"The psychic says surprised Sabrina saw he lost."I'm so, so, sorry I lost!Please forgive me!"He says."It's fine."She says."There's something up with you.It's not psychic power but it's something different."Sabrina says."What is it then?"Ash ask."I can't tell you yet, but I can tell you that you'll find out pretty soon."Sabrina says."Wait, what about our gym battle?!"James ask."You must have at least five badges to challenge me."Sabrina says."I tried to tell you guys but you didn't listen!"Brock says."So we went here for nothin!"Meowth says angrily."I do recommend going to the dojo next door, then battle Janine."Sabrina says."Well see ya later."Brock says and the group walk outside."Well might as well go to the dojo."Ash says and opens the door."Hm?"A guy at the counter grunts seeing the group."Excuse me, but the gym leader next door sent us here."Jessie says and the man starts to look angry."Dang Sabrina sending trainers here like we're just a practice test because she got to be a gym leader not me."He mutters under his breath."What did you say?"James ask."Nothing, so you kids are gonna get to the back room with the other trainers.If you want you can get a membership."He says pointing to a back room."We're fine."Ash says walking towards the back door.They see Gary, Daisy, Ritchie, and A.J doing push-ups and sit-ups as their Pokémon do the same."Guys!Nice to see you all again!"Ash says."Nice to see you to Ash."A.J says putting out a hand and Ash shakes it."Ashy boy and friends haven't seen you in a while."Gary says."Alright we're getting started.Today we're gonna hold a small tournament.Whoever wins gets to challenge me!"He says and the trainers start to get pumped."Alright let's get these battle started!"Ash says.

"This'll be a two vs two between James and Ash!Let the battle begin!"The referee says and the battle starts."Go, Dratini!"Ash says releasing the small serpent Pokémon."Go, Mime Jr.!"James says and Mime Jr. jumps happily."Mime.Jr, use Pound!"James says and Mime Jr's hand glows yellow slapping Dratini in the face."Dratini, use Wrap!"Ash says."Mime Jr. use Confusion to get her off you!"James says.Dratini starts to glow blue and lets go of Mime Jr. leading to her being slammed into the ground."Great job Mime Jr. you've mastered Confusion!"James says and Mime Jr. poses proudly."Dratini are you ok?!"Ash ask and Dratini nods weakly."Use Thunder Wave!"Ash says and the dragon type releases a ring of electricity towards Mime Jr. slowing him down."Use copycat!"James says and Mime Jr. copies Dratini."Now, Mime Jr., use Pound!"James says."Dratini try to dodge it!"Ash says but Dratini stays still.The attack filmed down but it hit nothing but Dratini's shed skin."What!"Ash says because even he was surprised.Dratini slithers behind  Mime Jr. and uses a not very controlled Twister hitting Mime Jr. sending him flying."Mime Jr. are you ok?!"James ask and Mime Jr. is somehow able to stand up."Great, now use Confusion!"James says and that did the final blow."Dratini return, you did great for your first battle."Ash says returning the serpentine Pokémon."Go, Pikachu!"Ash says and the mouse Pokémon jumps off his shoulder who's ready to battle."Pikachu, use Quick Attack!"Ash says and the electric type runs into the baby Pokémon defeating him."You still did great you know."James says and Mime Jr. smiles."Go, Meowth!"James says and the Normal type runs onto the battlefield."So it's cat vs mouse eh."Meowth says smiling and so does Pikachu."Meowth, use Fake Out!"James says and the cat claps in Pikachu's face creating a shockwave sending him a few feet back."Now, use Feint!"James says.Meowth disappears and reappears behind Pikachu kicking him on the back of the head sending him flying the other direction."Meowth, use Fury Swipes!"James says."Cheap combos boys!"Meowth says grinning."Pikachu, use Iron Tail to block it and use Thuderbolt!"Ash says.Pikachu's able to block the attack and electrocutes Meowth sending him a few feet back."Now it's our turn to play, Pikachu use Thunderwave!"Ash says and Pikachu flings a skinny disk of electricity at Meowth Paralyzing him."Meowth, use Metal Claw!"James says but Pikachu's able to dodge due to Meowth being much slower."Pikachu , use Dig!"Ash says and the electric type burrows into the ground."Meowth, try to listen for Pikachu's movements!"James says and Meowth's ears twitch."Now!"Ash says and Pikachu burrows out of the ground but Meowth smiles as his tail turns into steel smack the mouse Pokémon."Pikachu, we aren't giving up use Volt Tackle!"Ash says.Pikachu coats himself in electricity and charges into Meowth creating an explosion.When the dust clears both Pokémon are fainted on the ground."Since both Pokémon are fainted, but Meowth fainted first because Pikachu took recoil damage Ash wins!"The referee says and Ash picks up Pikachu smiling."You did great buddy!We won!"Ash says and Pikachu unconsciously smiles."You did well old chum."James says smiling as well.

                                                                           In another room

"This is a battle against Misty and Brock.Let the battle begin!"Another referee says and the battle starts."Go, Eevee!"Misty says releasing her normal type."Go, Vulpix!"Brock says releasing his fire type."Vulpix, use Fire Spin!"Brock says and Vulpix runs around Eevee breathing a small stream of fire around the normal type."Eevee, jump over it!"Misty says but Eevee is jumping around in the circle trying to keep his feet from being burned."Think Misty, Think!What would Ash do.Eevee knows Quick Attack, Helping hand, Bite, Sand Attack, Swi- wait Sand Attack!"Misty thinks to herself."Eevee, use Sand Attack!"Misty says and while jumping Eevee shakes himself releasing sand from his fur putting out the fire."Note to self, give Eevee a bath.Anyway, use Quick Attack!"Misty says and the normal type runs into the fire fox sending her a few feet back."Vulpix, use Confuse Ray!"Brock says and Vulpix fires a beam of multi colored orbs hitting."Eevee, use Swift!"Misty says and the normal type fires the stars but they explode in Eevee's face."Eevee, you're gonna have to listen to the sound of my voice!"Misty says and Eevee still dazed nods."Vulpix, use Incinerate!"Brock says and the six tailed fox fires the fire ball."Eevee, dodge to the right and use Bite!"Misty says.Eevee's able to roll out the way and tries to Bite Down on Vulpix but she dodges."Great job Vulpix, and use Incinerate once more!"Brock says and the attack hits.Eevee shakes his head snapping himself out of confusion and gets into a battle position."Eevee, use Swift!"Misty says and Eevee fires the stars."Vulpix, let's wrap this up!Dodge then with Quick attack and hit em with it!"Brock says.Vulpix runs out of the way of the stars and runs into Eevee but the stars are able to hit because Eevee Swift never misses.When the dust clears Vulpix is barely standing while Eevee is down for the count."Eevee's unable to battle, Vulpix is the winner!"The referee says and Misty runs towards Eevee."Sorry I made you lose, but you did great!Vulpix is even more experienced than you and you almost had her.Return."Misty says returning her now normal type."Go, Tentacool!"Misty says releasing her poison type."Vulpix, are you up to another battle?"Brock ask and she nods."Vulpix, use Quick Attack!"Brock says and Vulpix runs into Tentacool."Tentacool, use Brine!"Misty says."Vulpix, use dig to dodge!"Brock says, but Vulpix is to slow and gets hit causing her to faint."Brine doubles in power if the opponent is at half health so it was the perfect attack to finish off Vulpix."I see someone's done their research."Brock says smiling while he returns Vulpix."Go, Pinsir!"Brock says releasing the bug type."Tentacool, use Poison Jab!"Misty says and the water types' tentacle glows purple and jabs Pinsir."Pinsir, use Revenge!"Brock says and Pinsir's pincer glow orange and he swings them at the jellyfish Pokémon hitting."Tentacool, use Super Sonic!"Misty says and Tentacool releases waves of blue energy at Pinsir confusing him."Pinsir listen to the sound of my voice and use Bug bite two steps ahead of you!"Brock says and Pinsir's pincers glow green.He takes two Swift steps and clamps them around Tentacool."Tentacool, use Acid Spray in Pinsir's face!"Misty says and Tentacool releases a spray of acid in Pinsir's face making him let go."Now, use Aurora Beam!"Misty says and Pinsir's pushed even further back."Pinsir, use Vital throw!"Brock says."Pinsir's pincers glow orange and swings Tentacool around and let's go as Tentacool is sent flying."Tentacool!"Misty says worriedly."Tentacool is barely able to push himself up and gets into a battle position."Tentacool, use Brine!"Misty says and Tentacool releases the stream of water sending Pinsir flying even farther.Barely before Pinsir falls to the ground fainted, but Tentacool falls to the ground looking grey."Tentacool!"Misty says looking at her shriveled up Tentacool."Return, we'll get you to the Pokémon center as soon as I can!"Misty says running out the door.

"Go, Ditto!"Jessie says releasing the transform Pokémon."Go, Vulpix!"Daisy says releasing the ice type."Ditto, use transform!"Jessie says and Ditto turning into the Alolan form."Vulpix, use Icy Wind!"Daisy says and Vulpix shakes her tail.They start to feel a cold as cold strong wind blows at Ditto."That was some Icy Wind!"Jessies surprised."Thanks, we worked on it for a while."Daisy replies."Now, use Dig!"Jessie says as Ditto buries into the ground leaving dirt flying everywhere.Will Tentacool be ok?Who will win?Will I get better at writing?Find out next time!