🔪 Chapter 3: Off to College (UPDATED)

Edited on: 12/07/2023

Updated on: 12/10/2023

Please Read! Trigger Warning: Mention of Themes of Sexual Trauma, certain imagery and sounds (loud voices/yelling) related to trauma, mention of rape, abortion, and mention of blood

This chapter contains themes of sexual trauma and certain imagery and sounds related to trauma, mention of rape, abortion, and mention of blood that may be upsetting for some readers. Please proceed at your own risk or you can skip to the next chapter.

Aurora's POV

The last days of summer vacation are over and today's the first day at Wood Creek University.

"Aurora, are you ready? You don't want to be late on your first day!" My Mom called out.

"Yeah, I'm coming!" I said while grabbing my bags and the things that I needed and double-checking everything.

"Need some help?" I turned around and I saw Mr. Anderson entering my room.

"Yeah. Can you help me carry my bags, please? I'll be the one to carry my backpack and this box."

"Okay." He grabbed my bags and headed out of the room. I grab my backpack and the box which contains some sentimental stuff and other decorations for the dorm, including some of the stuff that I bought.

I look at my somewhat empty room. It feels empty cause I'm bringing most of my sentimental stuff even though I can still go back here. I let out a sigh and head out of my room. I went down the stairs and headed over to the front door.

"Are you sure you don't want us to drive you to school?" Mr. Anderson asked.

"It's okay. And besides, Eddie will be the one driving. His parents got him a new car." I said.

"Alright."

I hear footsteps from behind and I turn around, seeing Mom and Toby's faces.

"Are you ready to go, sweetie?" Mom asked.

"Ready as I'll ever be Mom. I'll be fine and I promise to call you once we get settled in, every day and every night before going to sleep. And I'll update you when I can." I said, hugging my Mom.

"Don't forget to visit us," Toby said.

"Of course. I'll visit when I can." I said, ruffling his hair. "And we can have family dinner maybe when I'm not busy."

"And Toby has something to give you," Mr. Anderson said.

Toby walks over to the table near the door and grabs a small gift bag and Mom offers to hold the box for me.

"Here you go, sis." He handed me the gift bag and I opened it. I saw three items in the bag.

"What is this?" I asked, pulling out the three items one by one.

"Well, first- this is a keychain. But not an ordinary keychain. Yeah, it looks cute and all but it is also a safety keychain. You just pull it and it will make this alarm noise. Then, we have this small multifunctional pocket knife. It has everything you need in every situation possible. Lastly, we have the classic pepper spray. Have these things in your bag all the time - I just want you to be safe all the time." Toby said, rubbing his neck while looking away.