🔪 Chapter 23: "Study Date" (UPDATED)

Edited on: 05/04/2024

Aurora's POV

"And you're done!" Heather said, putting the curling iron down.

I look at myself in the mirror and I can tell that Heather improved a lot. The first time she used a curling iron, she got so confused and accidentally burned her fingers. Luckily I was there and she ended up whining for almost 3 hours while cooling her down.

"I love it, Heather. I can see you improving a lot." I said, standing up and straightening out my sweater.

"Are you sure you're gonna wear that?" Heather asked, pointing to the clothes that I picked earlier.

I looked down at my clothes before looking up at her as I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Yes, and what's wrong with it?" I asked.

"It's a date." She said.

"Study date." I corrected her. "It's just a study date, Heather."

"I know. But you never know what's gonna happen next. I bet 10 dollars that you guys will end up doing something else." Heather said as she put some stuff away.

"Seriously, you're gonna do the betting thing again?" I asked as I started preparing some stuff that  I needed for the study date.

"Yep.  What's your bet?" 

"Nothing. But if I ended up spending the night with Eddie, then congratulations in advance." I said.

"And what if you guys ended up doing nothing and you'll manage to get back here without getting caught?"

"Then... I told you so - it's just a study date." I grab my bag and my phone and I start walking towards the door. "I'll see you later."

"Good luck, Ro. And remember and just in case, use protection." She said.

I turn around to scold her but she closes the door. I just shake my head and walk down the stairs to Eddie's dorm room.

I arrived at Eddie's dorm room and I took a deep breath before I knocked on his door.

I look around before looking back at the door. 

"Eddie?"

Then the door swings open and I look up. My eyes ended up meeting with Eddie's beautiful eyes.

"Hey." We said in unison.

"Um, you look great." He said.

I smile at him. "Thanks."

"Come in." He said and I let myself in. I look around and the first thing I notice is the lamp that I got for him on his birthday last year. Its bright and warm light brightens up the room but only on his side of the room since I heard his roommate won't be around for another week.

"I like what you did with your dorm room," I said.

The boys' dorm room is different from the girls. Instead of clean white walls, they have dark wooden walls. To make it short, the girls' dorm room is bright and clean while the boys' dorm room is dark and... well, different.

"Thanks, sorry if it's a bit messy right now. I've been dealing with a lot of essays to complete." He said, picking up some of the papers and books from the floor and his bed.

"It's fine," I said.

"Do you wanna study somewhere else though? We can if you want." He said.

"Well, we're here now, so why bother moving somewhere else?" I said as I put my bag down.