🔪 Chapter 27: Be Careful (UPDATED)

Edited on: 05/05/2024

Leo's POV

I take a deep breath before I knock on the door.

"Come in." My Dad spoke and I headed inside his office.

"Hey, Dad," I said.

He looks up and he paused for a bit. I guess he noticed the wound on my cheek.

"Leo, what happened to you? Did you get into a fight?" He asked.

I frowned. "No, something happened last night."

He put his pen down and gestured for me to sit down.

"Who did this to you?" He asked.

"It's hard to give the details because I couldn't see this person's face. But I know it's a guy. He could be anywhere." I explained.

"Did you happen to piss this person off or do you think this person has a grudge towards you?"

"I have no clue, Dad. As I said, it's hard to explain. Last night, he just attacked me and slashed my cheek and my arm. He carried a weapon, Dad. A goddamn weapon." I said.

Dad lets out a sigh and massages his temples.

"So you can't see the person's face, you know it's a guy... this better not be a joke, Leo." He said.

"A joke? This is serious, Dad. Do you think I would this to grab your attention? I got attacked by someone for fuck sake." I get up from my seat.

"Watch your mouth, Leo." He said. "We can check the security cameras."

"Dad, it was very dark and I know it's gonna be hard to figure out the identity of this person, and I don't think you can see his face," I said as I let out a sigh.

Cora's POV

I was just studying in my dorm room and I received a text from Seth.

He's been wondering if he could come over or hang out.

I told him that I was studying but he convinced me to take a break or something like that.

Well, I've been studying for hours and a little break wouldn't hurt. I closed my book and fixed myself up. I took off my reading glasses and I just picked up my phone before heading out.

I head out of the dorm room and I texted him where we could meet up.

He told me that we'd just meet up right outside of the dorm building and we'll go somewhere else.  So I head downstairs and meet him there.

Once I headed out, I saw him already waiting for me.

"Hey." He said as I approached him.

"Hi. How did you know where my dorm building is located?" I asked.

"I'm a janitor. We should know the buildings and rooms around here." He said.

"Oh right," I said, laughing.

"Shall we?" He asked. "We could go to the cafeteria or something."

"Sure, anywhere is fine," I said then we were on our way to the cafeteria.

An hour has passed and Seth and I have been talking as we finished our food.

"It's a bit weird though," I muttered.

"What's weird?" Oh, he heard me.

"At first, I thought you're a year above us or something like that. But when you told me you're a janitor, I was surprised actually. You look quite young." I said.

"Oh okay. I get that a lot." He said. "What course you're planning to take?"

"Well, my parents want me to be a doctor. So I guess you could say I'm taking medicine." I said.

"I see." He said. "Are you usually by yourself?"

"Most of the time. I really don't like being around other people. Not until I met Aurora. She was very nice and she became my first friend. Our dorms are also next to each other so I guess that's good."

"You know Cora, I enjoy my time with you. And if you want me to fetch you on our next hangout, I'll just come and pick you up by your dorm room. If you're okay with that." He said and I just blinked my eyes before snapping out.

"Umm... what if you get caught?" I asked.

"Again, I'm a janitor. They'll probably know that I'm just gonna clean up or something like that." He said.

He has a point. I'm not doing anything wrong, right?

"I guess. If you want to hang out or anything, my dorm room is located on the third floor. And it's Room 304." I said.

"Okay. I need to get back to work and get some things done. Sorry for leaving so soon, I need to do my job." He said as he got up from his seat and picked up the food tray.

"You didn't finish your food though," I said.

"It's fine. Duty calls. See you later." He said before he walked away.

Steven's POV

I put away the food tray and I start walking to the locker rooms, to pick up some stuff.

That girl is so naive and so... stupid. I already know where their dorm rooms are located. I've been following Cora and Aurora for days, non-stop. I just ask her to have her play along with my little plan. 

I have a feeling that Aurora will blame her. They're close and neighbors after all.

Just a few more steps and I'll take back what's mine.

Edited on: 05/05/2024

_________________________________________

Hello there! Here's another upload, a new chapter, and I hope you like it!

I posted a message earlier about this story. "The Stepbrother II: Hide and Seek with Vengeance", will end soon. I have to upload a few more chapters and the story will be done. 

(Here's how I plan the sequel behind the screen)

While I was planning and making drafts of the next chapters that will be uploaded soon, the realization hit me when I got to the final chapters. I've been planning and writing for days and it's quite sad that I'll be ending the sequel.

But don't worry, once the sequel is done, I'll probably start working on the prequel that I planned to write real soon. And this means I have to read everything from top to bottom while planning the flow of the story of the prequel.

I enjoy planning and writing this sequel. And even though, I haven't started making the prequel, out of all three stories of "The Stepbrother" series, I think the sequel will have to be my favorite one.

Also, "The Stepbrother" (the first story) will be under HEAVY EDITING once I finish the sequel. I read some chapters and there's a need to edit everything. So in case there are changes or anything different in the first story, that's because I edit and change a few things.

New chapters coming soon!

That's all and I hope you enjoy reading this chapter!

-emopastelgirl^_^

Edited on: 05/05/2024