🔪Chapter 19: Crossed Paths (UPDATED)

Edited on: 05/03/2024

Aurora's POV

A few days have passed and I just finished my last class so I'm on my way back to the dorms.

"Hey, Stefan!"

I paused and looked around when I heard that name. Is Stefan here?

"Yeah yeah, I'm coming!" A familiar voice called out.

I turned around and I saw a guy with blonde hair, walking towards a group of students.

We made eye contact but then he stopped. Is it really you, Stefan?

"Stefan, are you coming or what?" 

He looks back at the group before looking back at me.

"I'll catch up." He said.

The group looked at each other and some of them shrugged their shoulders before walking away.

"Aurora?"

I blink my eyes a few times and I clear out my throat.

"Are you... Stefan?" I asked. "Like Stefan from years ago?"

He nodded. "Yeah. It's me."

I don't believe it. He's here. And I thought I wouldn't see him or hear from him again.

"I guess you don't recognize me because of the blonde hair." He runs his fingers through his hair. "Or is it because it's been a long time?"

"I guess, yeah. Um... what year are you in?" I asked.

"I'm guessing you're a freshman so I'm just one year ahead of you. There were some complications when I enrolled here." He chuckled. "How about let's go somewhere else, maybe at one of the student lounges and talk?"

"Yeah sure, lead the way," I said.

He starts walking away and I just follow him along.

I can't believe it's him.

A few minutes later, we arrived at one of the student lounges nearby and we found a table near the window so we decided to sit there.

We put our stuff down and I look down at my hands as I fidget with my fingers. It's been so long since the last time we talked.

He cleared his throat which made me look up.

"So um... how have you been doing?" He asked.

"Good. How about you?"

"Okay, I guess. So listen -" Before I let him continue, I ask him a question.

"Wait." I paused for a bit before opening my mouth again. "Sorry, but I just want to make sure. Do you remember sending me a letter that you sent 4 years ago?" 

"Yeah. Before they released me from the mental asylum." He answered.

"Then what did you write in that letter?" I asked.

"That once I get out of the asylum, I would live someplace far away from you and your family and keep a low profile, and in case, you're not sure yet, that you don't have to send a letter back to me." He answered.

"Oh. Okay, you are Stefan. Sorry, I just have trust issues nowadays." I said.

"It's fine. Completely understandable." He said.

"And you have no contact with... Steven?"

"Of course not. I wouldn't dare contact him whatsoever." He said. "So listen, I know this is very sudden and unexpected but I'm glad to see you again."

"Me too. Looks like we have some catching up to do." I said.

"Yeah, so what have you been doing these days? Aside from school?"

"Hmm... nothing much really. Except I haven't been going to therapy lately. And I'm still together with my friends and my family is doing well."

"Speaking of family, I'm a bit curious about something. Is my Dad still mad about me or something?"

"Well... at first, yes. But he said that he has forgiven you. You know... there are times he would talk about you and he would find himself wondering what you've been up to, where have you been after all these years and he even said that if there's anything he could make it up to you or if there's a chance that you two could sit down and talk." I explained.

"Really? I'm thinking of the same thing. Well, I guess we have to wait and see about that."

"Anyways, let's change the subject, what have you been up to lately?"

Then we continued catching up and it felt like we'd been talking for hours.

A few hours passed and it's time to go back to the dorms before curfew.

"It's nice catching up with you, Ro. I guess I have to get going and look for my friends." Stefan said.

"Same here, Heather and Eddie are probably looking for me. I'll... see you around."

"Likewise, take care of yourself, Ro." He said before he started walking away.

We wave at each other and I start walking, on my way to the dorms.

Edited on: 05/03/2024

______________________________________

Hello there! I decided to upload another chapter cause... why not? 

And finally, Aurora and Stefan crossed paths with each other and they're able to see each other again after 4 years.

I hope you enjoy this chapter and I'll try to upload another chapter later before going to bed.

See you in the next chapter!

- emopastelgirl^_^

Edited on: 05/03/2024