🔪 Chapter 25: Suffocation (UPDATED)

Please Read! Trigger Warning: Mention of Blood, sharp object (pair of scissors), Suffocation

This chapter contains mention of blood, sharp object, and suffocation that may be upsetting for some readers. Please proceed at your own risk or you can skip to the next chapter.

Edited on: 05/04/2024

Steven's POV

I head out of my apartment and I felt a vibration in one of my pockets. I pulled out my phone and I received a phone call from the owner of the photo store. I groaned before answering the phone call.

"Hello?"

"Seth, are you free today? I know it's not your shift today but there's some emergency that I need to deal with. Could you take over?"

"Um... sure. Alright."

"Okay, great. I'll be waiting in the store 'cause I need to give you some further instructions."

"Noted," I said before hanging up.

He could just close the store but he would always say the same thing:

"You'll never know when someone comes here and needs something from this store."

And I know for a fact that his "emergency" is not an emergency. There would be days where he would be flirting with some girl and he would put me in charge just so they could fuck or whatever. There would also be days that I would find him inside the break room or in his office either drunk or making out with a different girl.

I am sick and tired of this.

I walk out of the apartment building and on my way to the photo store. Once I arrived, the glass door and windows were covered up with blinds. I headed inside and I saw the owner by the counter. He looks up once I head inside the photo store.

"Ah, there you are Seth. So like what I said, you're in charge of the store. You'll do your thing and if I'm not back, the keys are over there, and just close the store." The owner said.

"I know, I know," I said and I let out a sigh.

"Hey, I'm just saying Seth. It's my job." He said.

Job? You've been a sleazy and lazy motherfucker and you think you've been doing your job? I have to work my butt off or get stuck in this old shitty store while you've been going out with different women now and then.

"I don't think anyone will come here. We could just lock the store." I said.

"You'll never know when someone comes here and needs something from this store." He said.

"Will you stop saying that?!" I snapped at him.

The atmosphere became quiet and he just stared at me.

"Excuse me?" He spoke as he furrowed his eyebrows.

"I know that this emergency of yours is to get out of the store and fuck with different girls, and you said that you're just doing your job?" I scoffed. "Such bullshit."

"You know what? I'm gonna walk out that door and I'll find someone else to hire cause you... are... fired!" He said before walking away. "Today is your last day here for all I care."

I looked over the counter and I saw a perfectly sealed plastic bag with trash inside. I quickly picked it up, threw out the trash to the floor, and wrapped the plastic bag around him, suffocating him.

"No, today is your last day here," I said as I continued strangling him with the plastic bag. "For all... I fucking care."

I tighten my grip as I continue strangling him, making the plastic bag tighter around his neck. We both ended up getting dropped down to the floor but I didn't lose my grip.

"Stop... fucking... struggling," I said and my back ended up bumping the counter. I looked up and I saw something sharp at the edge of the counter. My back ended up bumping the counter again and then I watched the sharp object falling and it stabbed the owner right in the chest and blood started to appear. It was a pair of scissors.

The owner let out a muffled scream and I continued strangling him. 

A few seconds later, the owner dropped both of his hands and he stopped moving. I let go of the plastic bag and I take a few deep breaths.

He's dead.

I remove the plastic bag and his eyes are wide open and there are some marks on his neck. I look around the store and time to get rid of the evidence. 

I lock the front door first before I walk towards the dead body of the owner.

I start dragging him to the break room and I also put away the plastic bag with him too. I look for some cleaning supplies and start cleaning up the trail of blood.

After cleaning up the trail of blood, I put the cleaning supplies away and I pick up the keys to lock the break room. I look at the dead body once again before turning off the lights and locking the door.

I walk towards the counter and I look for a specific rusty box that the owner kept. I pull out the rusty box and unlock it with one of the keys. I opened it and I saw the secret stash of money that the owner kept for himself, which explains why I didn't get paid much or fairly.

I grab all of the money and use one of the paper bags from the store. Now, it's time to lock the store... for good.

I grab the keys and my stuff before walking towards the front door. I turn everything off and I unlock the front door. I walked out and I locked the front door once again. I unfolded the rusty folded gate and locked it as well.

I let out a sigh and I started walking away, going back to my apartment.

Edited on: 05/04/2024