🔪Chapter 20: Cora (UPDATED)

Edited on: 05/03/2024

Aurora's POV

On my way to the dorms, I saw someone with familiar curly hair.

It's Cora.

"Cora!" I called out to her and she turned around.

"Oh hey, Aurora." She said.

"For the last time Cora, you can call me Ro. You don't always have to call me 'Aurora' ."

"Sorry, I just like calling you Aurora. Besides, it's a pretty name." She said.

"Thanks. And you have a pretty name too," I said.

"T-thanks." She said, hugging her books even tighter.

"You went to the library again?" I asked.

"Yeah, is it weird?"

I shake my head and look at her in confusion. "No, not at all. I was just asking."

"Ah, okay. I thought you found me weird for being a book nerd or something like that." She said.

I shake my head. "No, not at all. Reading books is a good thing. I like to read books as well but I would do other things."

We enter the dorm building and we start walking up the stairs.

"Ro." I heard my name and I stopped walking.

"Oh hey, Eddie," I said and we quickly shared a kiss. "Were you waiting for me?"

"Sort of but I just got out of my dorm room. Anyways, where have you been? You didn't answer my texts." He said. "I got a bit worried for you."

"Oh, sorry. I didn't mean to keep you waiting. I kinda got distracted earlier but I'll explain it to you later. How about let's talk about it during dinner time at the cafeteria? I heard your favorite is on the menu." I said.

"Really? Alright, just text me." He said, placing a kiss on my forehead. "I better finish my homework right now so I'll see you later."

"Okay, see you," I said and I brushed back some of his bangs and I placed a kiss on his forehead as well.

He went back to his dorm room and I turned around and I saw Cora, still standing and her lips curved into a small smile.

"Sorry, Cora. Eddie and I are just like that. We love each other." I said and we started walking up the stairs.

"It's fine. You are so lucky, Ro. I wish I was more like you, to be honest." She said.

"What do you mean?"

"Well, you're pretty, popular, down-to-earth, you have a great sense of fashion and you have lots of friends and you have a boyfriend who loves you. I'm kinda jealous." She admitted while looking down.

"Oh well... but my life is not perfect. I've been through a lot of shit before going here. Believe me, I've been dealing with really heavy stuff that will take me a long time to recover." I said. "And I'm still struggling with them."

"I didn't know that. You don't have to tell me if you're not comfortable with it." She said.

I smile at her. "Thanks, Cora."

"Well, you said you've gone through a lot of things ... I've been through a lot as well." She said.

"I don't believe we get to know each other, right?" I asked.

"Yeah. Well, remember you said that I attended an all-girls school?"She asked.

I nodded.

"Back then..." She stopped and I looked up.