Chapter 2

I head towards my desk but before I can make it there, Spencer walks right up to me.  I look up at him, he's 6'1, way taller than my 5'4.

Spencer Reid - not only the smartest on the BAU, but also the youngest.  Giving him the nickname "Kid Genius." Spencer and I have been pretty close and I'm pretty sure at one point he had a crush on me.  He's another one of my close friends from the BAU.

"Hi Hallie!  I'm glad you're okay." He looks at me and smiles.  I smile back and nod.  Before I know it he hugs me gently, being careful of my injury.  Yes, my injury was healed but it still hurt when touched too hard.

"Damn, all of you must be really happy to have me back if you hug me this much."  I laugh as I pull away from our hug.  He nods and licks his lower lip.  I clear my throat, "How have you been?" I say it before he can ask me the same thing.

"That's funny... I was just about to ask you the same thing.  But uhh- I've been good." He responds nervously, his cheeks slightly turning red.  I look over and notice Derek smirking at me.  I raise my eyebrows slightly, in shock.  Is it possible that Kid Genius still has a crush on me?

"That's good.  I-I'm glad to hear that..." I smile at him nervously.  I take a deep breath and start to walk towards my desk, leaving Reid behind with a confused look on his face.

While I remove my bag from my chair, Derek looks over to me and says "20 bucks says Kid Genius still likes you."  I look over at him and raise at eyebrow.

"Hate to break it to you hot shot, but I'm not betting on t-" I'm about to finish my sentence but then a lady about my age walks in the door, confidently.

She had medium-toned brown hair that draped over her shoulder, only passing her collarbone by one inch.  Beautiful deep brown eyes that included light streaks of brown, eyebrows that arched perfectly above her eyes.  Her nose was defined and pointed, soft looking lips that were a light rose color.  The woman had light skin where freckles followed from her cheeks and over her nose.  Her face shape was a perfect defined shape.

I don't realize I'm staring until Derek kicks me gently from underneath our desks.  I jump slightly in my chair, startled by his kick.  I whisper as she's talking to Hotch "Who is that?"

Derek chuckles, "That's the new agent from the sex crimes unit." Derek whispers back.

"N-new agent?"  I say nervously.  I remove my gaze from the lady and look over at the empty desk diagonal from mine, a little walkway separating it from Derek's desk.  Does she sit there?  I hear Derek laugh as he notices me looking at the empty desk, he knows what I'm thinking.

"That's right Hallie Allie, new agent.  And look, here she comes." He whispers with a smirk.

The lady walks over to my desk and puts her hand out, she has a genuine smile on her face that shows her dimples.  I quickly stand up and put my hand out, she takes my hand and shakes it.  I felt myself get nervous and pray that I don't start blushing.

"Elle Greenaway.  Nice to meet you."  Greenaway says in a soft, gentle voice.

I felt my face get warm slightly as I noticed she still has my hand.  I look up at her, she's tall about 5'8 maybe.  "I-I'm Hallie...Hallie Rodriguez!"  I say while trying not to sound nervous.  Control yourself Hallie!  I think to myself.  I clear my throat and gently pull my hand away.

She laughs lightly.  "I know, I've heard a lot about you around here at the BAU, Rodriguez."  She's heard about me?  Does she know about the injury?

"Well, I'm glad you get to be apart of the team." I reply finally able to compose myself.  I glance over at Derek as Greenaway still stands in front of me.  Derek looks like he is going to burst out laughing.

Greenaway is about to say something when JJ pops out of nowhere. "Round table, 10 minutes!"  She shouts gently so the team can hear.  JJ walks back to her desk gathering papers.

"Anyways..." Greenaway says while drawing her attention back to me looking me straight in the eye, studying my eyes.  "I'm glad we got to finally meet, Agent Rodriguez."

"You can call me Hallie."  I look back as she chuckles slightly.

"Or you could call her 'Hallie Allie' instead!"  Derek interrupts.  I roll my eyes at him and look back at her.

"I'll call you Hallie when you call me Elle." She winks at me and walks away to her desk next to  Derek.

I overhear Derek laughing as I quickly sit down and hide my face in my hands.

"Rodriguez, you holding up alright in there?" Derek laughs.

I take my face out of my hands, giving Derek a fake smile "Never better." He laughs again.
---
On the jet to Vermont...

I sit in my seat reviewing details on the new case.  I look in front of me, Elle's there.  She looks back at me for a quick second and gently smirks to herself.  I quickly look back down at my file and I overhear her giggling to herself.

I look up at her before and I realize it the words come out of my mouth "What's so funny, Greenaway?"  I notice from the corner of my eye Spencer and Derek looking over.

She laughs again, her dimples showing once again.  She puts the file she has down on the table and looks me in the eye as she smirks. "Nothing, Rodriguez." She says, mimicking my tone from before.

I feel my cheeks heat up as she's still staring me down.  I placed the file on the table and rest my hands on the file.  I notice Elle's eyes drift down to my hands.  She licks her lips and clears her throat. Elle looks me in the eye one last time and winks with a small smile.  She picks up her file and continues to read.

I feel someone behind me.  Derek. "Someone looks nervous."  He whispers to me.

I eye roll at him and sass him "Shut it, Morgan." I hear him laughing behind me along with Gideon slightly chuckling from the back of the jet.  I risk a glance Elle again and when I do she's already looking at me.  I smile at her, she returns the smile.
--