Chapter 22

We all sit at the round table while Hotch and JJ present our case.  I tap my fingers softly on the table as I get lost in thought.  I've started to sleep at my apartment more since I don't want to be a bother to Elle.  But it's hard to find motivation to get out of bed.  I still get nightmares in the middle of the night, then I wake up crying and sometimes can't go back to sleep.  I don't eat as much as I usually would.  Derek and Elle have noticed my "sudden change in behavior."  They have asked questions but I manage to not answer them.  I've been more anxious about my relationship with Elle lately.  I'm scared that I'll mess up what we have.  Scared that something will go wrong at any moment.  Maybe I'm just being dramatic?

I blink, realizing that everyone was silent with their eyes on me.  I feel tears in my eyes that I didn't even know were there, shit. 

"Hallie, you're crying."  Gideon states.  I quickly wipe my eyes, no one removes their eyes from me.

I look down at the desk to avoid making eye contact with anyone.  Hotch clears his throat, "Wheels up in 45."  They all get up and make their way toward the door.

I take a deep breath and get up quickly, rushing out the door.  An arm grabs my elbow, pulling me back.  "Hallie," Elle's voice filled with unhidden worry.  I turn around as Elle lets go of my arm. 

I avoid looking her in the eye, "Bathroom."  I turn back around and make my way to the bathroom with Elle behind me.  I push open the door, quickly looking if all the stalls were empty.

I turn around, Elle standing there with her arms crossed and a worried look on her face.  Even like this she still looks beautiful.  She takes a step closer to me, putting her hand on my shoulder.  "What's wrong?"

As I meet her eyes, I immediately break down.  The tears start streaming out of my eyes and my breathing starts to pick up.  Without a thought, Elle takes me in her arms and I bury my face in her shoulder.  She cradles my head with one hand and rubs my back with the other, whispering sweet nothings in my ear.  "Everything will be okay.  Just let it out,"

I try to hold back my sobbing but fail miserably, the tears coming out along with whimpers.  "I-I'm s-sorry.." I'm barely able to make up the words.

Finally, I'm able to contain myself.  I pull myself out of Elle's arms.  She cups my cheek with one hand and uses her thumb to gently wipe away the tears.  "Please, tell me what's bothering you," She takes a deep breath.  "You haven't been eating as much.  You've been showing up to work exhausted, which isn't normal for you."  Elle speaks in a soft voice.

I take a deep breath, knowing I won't be able to avoid the questions now.  "I don't feel like myself anymore...I don't want get out of bed in the mornings, my nightmares still come in the middle of the night.  Waking me up, terrified and crying.  And I..."

"I know this is hard to talk about but I'm here for you, okay?"  She lifts my chin gently so I meet her eyes.  "I got you Hallie, I just need you to let me in..." Elle whispers softly, she gives me a sad smile.

I nod my head.  "I-I'm scared that I'll mess up what we have, I don't want to loose you, Elle.  You're just so important to me and- I'm so nervous that something will happen.."

Elle pulls me back for another hug.  "I'm not going anywhere, angel.  Nothing is happening to us and if something does, then we'll kick its ass."  I laugh softly. 

I pull away from the hug.  I feel relieved to know that Elle is truly there for me.  "Thank you Elle.  I'll try my best, for you."

I wrap my arms around her neck and pull her for a kiss.  Elle snakes one hand around my waist, the other cupping cheek.  I take one of my arms and wrap it around her waist, bringing her closer against me. 

As we deepen the kiss, Elle runs her hand up and down my torso.  She puts me against the wall without breaking our kiss.  Elle brings one of her hands behind my thigh, lifting my leg to rest it on her waist.  Elle pulls away from my lips and leaves kisses along my jawline while slowly going down my neck.

"Elle," I gasp as she continues kissing me along my neck.  "E-Elle, I hate to stop you.  B-but we can't do this here"  I breathe heavily.

I whimper from the loss of satisfaction as Elle leaves my neck.  She smirks at me with pure lust in her eyes.  Gosh, I just melt when she look at me like that.  "Already needy when I've barely touched you, angel?"  She whispers and I blink my eyes repeatedly.  "It's too bad that you have to wait until later for me."  Elle winks at me before pulling me by my arm out the bathroom.
---
On the jet, the team further discussed the case.  We arrived at the police station and discussed who would go to the crime scene.  Hotch sent me with Elle, Derek, and Spencer.  I sit in the back of the car with Elle while Derek sits in the front with Spencer.

I look out the window as Derek starts to drive and Spencer talks about one of his favorite authors.  Elle moves her hand on my thigh.  I give her a soft smile, not thinking much of the action and turn my head to look out the window again.

Slowly, Elle moves her hand up my thigh.  She squeezes gently and causes me to gasp, but I quickly cover it up with a fake cough.  "You alright, Rodriguez?"  Derek looks at me from the rear view mirror.

I quickly nod my head, "Y-yeah I'm fine, just a dry throat is all."  I look at Elle who has a smirk on her face.  "What are you doing, Greenaway?"  I whisper.

Elle licks her lips, "Teasing you." Elle whispers in my ear, sending chills everywhere.  She pulls away without removing her hand from my upper thigh.  Elle turned her head to look out the window on her side.  Spencer and Derek continue to talk about god knows what at the front of the car. 

I raise an eyebrow to myself, she wants to tease me?  Two can play that game.  I unbutton the top two buttons of my shirt to show off my cleavage a little and tease Elle.  Elle turned her head, her eyes look down at my chest then quickly dart back up to my eyes.  I smirk at her, knowing what I did.  Elle takes a deep breath and removes her hand away from my thigh.  One point for me!

Just to tease Elle more, I scoot closer to her so our thighs touch.   I look Elle in the eye giving her an innocent smile and batting my eyelashes a little extra.  Elle slightly bites her bottom lip as I subtly caress her thigh with my hand, her eyes look at my cleavage quickly before looking me in the eye again.

I slowly move up her thigh when Derek stops the car.  "We have arrived!"  Derek says as he gets out of the car.  I remove my hand from Elle's thigh and laugh.  She opens the car door, steps out the car and offers me her hand.  I wink at Elle after she helps me out the car. 

I quickly button my shirt back up before starting to walk with Derek and Spencer in the crime scene.  Elle and I start to walk together, "What was that little stunt you pulled there, Rodriguez?"  She whispers.

I look at her beside me, "Just teasing you."  I wink and jog up behind Derek and Spencer, leaving Elle at the entrance.
--
A/N: Chile- not them teasing each other.  Suggestion from Slutforgreenaway