Chapter 21

Later that day...
I wake up in Elle's arms again, her eyes looking right at me with a soft smile on her face. "Have you been watching me sleep?" I whisper. She laughs softly.

"Perhaps I was," She pauses for a moment. "I have an idea..." Elle gently moves my hair out of my face to behind my ears.

"Are you going to tell me what it is?" I say in a soft voice.

"No, it's a surprise!" She laughs while she sits up in the bed. "We do have to stop by your apartment though..." Elle turns her head to look at me.

I sit up in the bed. The idea of going to my apartment was unsettling but I know I wouldn't be alone. I'd be with Elle, so I'm okay with it. "Okayy...let's get dressed!"

——— 30 minutes later ———
We arrived at my apartment, Elle hasn't told me what we are doing.  I'm not usually one for surprises but this intrigued me.  Elle had told me to change my outfit again, she gave no reason for it.  But I listened.

I went into my closet and decided on a long white skirt(similar to the skirt at top) with a light pink short sleeved top.  I put on light pink flower earrings and a necklace that had my initial, H.  I put my hair half up and half down before doing eyeliner.  Smiling, I look in the mirror and sighed.  Hello LGBTQ community, I laughed to myself at the thought.

I step into the living room where Elle was sitting on the couch.  She looked me up and down. "You look beautiful" Elle smiles at me.  I couldn't help but smile at the compliment, blushing.

"Thank you" I smile to Elle as I walk over to put on my white Doctor Marten boots.  Elle watches me put on my shoes, smiling to herself.  "You look really good too, Elle."  I smile at her again before we both stand up.

Elle stood in front of me, looking me in the eye while smiling.  I take her by surprise and cup her face in my hands to bring her down to my lips.  Our lips meet, Elle wraps her arms around me to bring me closer.  She smiles against my lips before pulling away.

"Someone's really happy today" I say softly as our foreheads are pressed together.

"I could say the same about you, Hallie"  She whispers back.  Elle takes my hand in hers, pulling me gently out the door of my apartment.
———
Elle has been driving for almost an hour, still hasn't told me where she's taking me. To admit, I did enjoy a little mystery. Elle and I held hands while she drove, keeping her other hand on the steering wheel. I look out the window and admire the baby pink sunset that grows dark as the moon rises in the sky.

"Elle, where are we going?" I ask softly and turn my head to her.

Elle laughs softly as she parks the car. "Look out your window, angel." My heart melts right in my chest, angel. Quickly I turn my head to look out the window, taking in the view of the moonlit beach we stopped at.  The dark waves gracefully crashing against the sand.

Without a word, I take off my Doctor Marten boots and open the car door to step out.  I take a deep breath as I feel the cold ground on my feet.  I hear Elle gently laughing from inside the car, opening her door.  I step in front of the car to wait for Elle to come.  She takes my hand in hers and we run together onto the sand laughing, before stopping in front the ocean. 

I admire the ocean waves as Elle rubs circles on my hand in silence.  It's not an awkward silence, it's a peaceful silence.  I turn my head to look at Elle, she turns as well. Her eyes still being recognizable even in the dark moonlight.  I give her a soft smile and she returns it, chuckling softly.

I take a deep breath, "This really is perfect, being here.  Under the moonlight on a beach..." I say softly, our eyes don't stop looking at one another.

Elle smiles while stepping slightly closer, taking both my hands.  "I bet it can get even more perfect..." She pauses and I raise an eyebrow.  Elle laughs softly and takes out her phone, she starts playing "I Wanna Be Yours" by the Arctic Monkeys(for the sake of the date, pretend the song is from the early 2000's).  "Care to dance, angel?"  She spins me around.

I nod my head, smiling.  Elle and I lock eyes as she wraps her arm around my waist, bringing me closer. We move to the soft beat of the music. I start to whisper the lyrics, "Secrets I have held in my heart, are harder to hide than I thought...Maybe I just wanna be yours" Elle smiles at me.

"Sing please...for me?" Elle says softly as she lifts my chin gently with her hand.

I nod my head and raise my voice from the whispering tone, "Let me be your 'leccy meter, and I'll never run out" I pause to take a breath as Elle and I continue to slow dance. Elle's eyes never leave mine as I continue to sing, "I wanna be your setting lotion...Hold your hair in deep devotion"

Elle smiles very softly as she moves some hair behind my ears. "I wanna be yours, secrets I have held in my heart...Are harder to hide than I thought" I pause to give her a soft smile. "Maybe I just wanna be yours...I wanna be yours, I wanna be yours"

Elle gives me a kiss on my forehead as the song starts to finish. "That's my song to you." She whispers softly as she cups my face.  My heart melts again, I give her a big smile.

I give her a quick peck on her lips, "Well guess what, Greenaway." I pause and smile, "You're already mine and I'm yours..."

Elle gives me a smile that shows off her dimples before leaning in to kiss me.  She wraps her arms around my waist, bringing me closer without breaking our kiss.

When we pull away, we smile softly at each other.  I wrap my arms around Elle's torso and lay my head on her chest, giving her a hug.  She wraps her arms around me, giving me a kiss on my forehead.

Elle pulls away from the hug and takes my hand in hers, smiling.  "I've never seen you smile so much before," I whisper.

She laughs softly, "That's because now I have a good reason to smile often."

I laugh, "When we tell the team about us, I'm going to tell them how much of a softie you are to me."

Elle narrows her eyes at me, "You wouldn't dare!"

I laugh, "Yes I would!"  Before she has the chance to do anything I grab her hand and pull her to the car.

"You just wanted to make me drive again, didn't you?"  She jokes as she opens the car door. 

I laugh and stand outside the car with my door open.  "At least you know!"  I clean the excess sand off my feet and put on my socks before sitting in the seat.

I look over at Elle before she starts to drive and give her a smile.  She gives me a smile back and holds my hand as she starts driving.  I look out the window as she drives, best date ever.
——
A/N: Just some fluff 🥺🥺 btw, no edit was made to this chapter besides me adding the song at the top 💕