Chapter 9

I put on the oversized shirt and instantly feel like a grain of rice wrapped in a blanket. One sleeve of the shirt slightly hanging off my shoulder. I bring the shirt's collar up to my nose, taking a moment to inhale the scent, the scent of vanilla and roses, the scent I never want to leave my nostrils, the scent that belongs to Elle. I smile softly to myself and take off my leggings. I scan my legs, searching for bruises. I had fallen a couple of times in my house and the last thing I'd want is for Elle to worry.

Quickly, I put on the shorts as I hear Elle's footsteps behind me. The shorts two inches above the middle of my thigh. They hugged my thighs securely and I'm sure they had the same effect on my backside ;) I turn around and Elle approaches wearing shorts that stop in the middle of her thigh and a shirt similar to the one I wore, except hers wasn't oversized.  The shorts hugged her thighs the perfectly, she could easily rock anything she wore. To try and stop myself from staring, I clear my throat.

"Do you want to watch—" Elle looks at me unable to finish her sentence. Her eyes follow my bare legs up my torso and up to my face. I feel the butterflies increase in my stomach. I take a step closer to her as our eyes meet. "Umm...d-do you want to watch a movie, Hallie?" For the first time, Elle stutters. I hadn't seen her so nervous, her face flustered and red.

I giggle softly. "It's cute that you're nervous, Elle" I laugh softly. Elle taking another step closer, lightly smirking. The light shining in her eyes, making them appear golden.  We lock eyes, I allow myself to fall into her eyes, drowning in them. Elle brings her hands to my cheeks, cupping them like she did in Penelope's kitchen. "Elle...I'm really scared..." I finally admit.

"What are you scared of?" Elle's voice soothing, helps calm me a down a bit.

"I really like you and— and I just don't want to loose you..." My eyes flicker, they may even start to water but I don't let them.

Elle brings me closer, gently burying her head in my neck. "You aren't going to loose me and that's a promise, Hallie" Her soft voice filling my head.

"That's why I have to ask this question...are we officially together?" Finally, I'm able to ask her. My heart pounding as I wait for her to do something, anything.

She pulled her face out of my neck and instead cupping my face and looking me in the eye. "I want you to be mine, is that what you want?" Elle made my heart soar with her words, the butterflies in my stomach jumping. She wants me to be hers hers?!

A huge smile forms on my face. I'm basically jumping up and down when I say "Yes! Yes! I want to be yours!" I'd never heard my own voice so happy, it was almost unrecognizable. Elle's face immediately lights up at my words. Elle lifts me slightly(short people thingz)as she pulls me in for a kiss. Our lips meet, the kiss full of passion and joy. The kiss we shared couldn't be more perfect than it was. We stopped kissing and let our foreheads rest on each other's. We each had a smile on our face.

I felt so happy with knowledge that the girl that clouded my thoughts nonstop was finally mine. "You're mine, I'm yours." Elle whispered with a smile. My heart was doing backflips in my chest, how could she have such power with one sentence? "Do you want to watch a movie, girlfriend?" The way the word rolled off her tongue as she referred to me was perfect and all I needed to feel truly elated.

"Only if I can pick the movie!" I whisper gently, the smile on my face not disappearing. I take her hand in mine and lock our fingers.

She chuckles lightly. "Sure but can I carry you? I like when you're in my arms..." Elle's words make my heart melt. She was nervous to ask yet so eager. I'd never seen her act so cute before. I nod my head and instantly she picks me up. I cling on to her like a sloth to a tree. My legs wrap around her waist, my arms below her under arms, wrapped around her. Elle's arm wraps around my shoulder and the other under me for extra support. Then, she carries me; walking to her living room.

She sits me up on the couch.  Elle stands up in front of me slightly bending down to be closer to me.  She looks me in the eye for a moment, smiling at me, Elle then boops my nose.  "Boop" She whispers softly.  I blush almost instantly as her index finger grazes my nose.  Elle chuckled lightly as she turned around to get the TV remote.

"What are we going to watch, Hallie?"  Elle asks as she sits next to me, our thighs close together.  She puts her arm around me and pulls me closer.

"You know what, you pick the movie."  I turn to  look at her.  I analyze her face, she's smiling at me softly, looking me straight in the eye.

Quickly, she puts on a horror movie.  The only type of movies I hate.  I groan as she presses play on the movie.  Elle giggles as she turns to me.

"Is someone scared?"  She teases me.

"No!  If someone is scared, it's definitely you!" I roll my eyes at her, giving her a taste of my attitude.

Elle laughs again.  "So you are scared!  Don't worry, shorty.  I'll protect you from all the monsters and blood."  Her words, gosh her words.  Elle makes me blush, I genuinely couldn't help but feel truly safe even if it was over a horror movie.

"It's not the monsters or murders, or the gore.  I mean, hello?  I work at the BAU!  It's just the jump scares, I don't like being caught off guard."

"That's funny because I seem to catch you off guard pretty often, Hallie,"  Elle winks at me.  "Can we still watch the horror movie, please?"  Elle was pretending to pout, giving me the "puppy dog" eyes.  I hesitate at first but then allow myself to give in.

"Fine..." I say, pausing my sentence as a realization crosses my thoughts.  "On one condition though..." I smirk as I look at her.

Elle raises an eyebrow.  "And what might that be?"

I giggle before responding.  Elle with a puzzled expression on her face.  "You, me, Just Dance competition."

Elle eye rolls, she had probably expected something different. "We were going to play Just Dance either way, Hallie. I know you like that game."

I look at her very confused. "How did you know I like Just Dance? I never told you that..."

Elle laughs then smirks at me. "I may have asked Penelope about you..." I blush immediately, Elle asked about me?

"Well, I'll definitely beat you at Just Dance! No one apart of the BAU team has been able to beat me, I'm a champion." I joke around with her, I even cross my arms and put a smug look on my face. But I wasn't joking about being unbeatable, I had gone against Penelope, Derek, JJ and even Spencer, none of them were able to beat me.

Elle laughs, "Yeah right!  For your information, I'm also a Just Dance champion, I will be the one to beat you."  Elle winks at me as she brings me on her lap.
———
Continued next chapter ;)