Chapter 7

That same week on Friday night, the BAU team finds ourselves in Penelope's apartment; playing games and drinking, a lot. However, I don't usually drink much alcohol, someone has to be the designated driver, am I right? Us all sitting at Penelope's table in her living room, Elle on my right followed by Penelope, Derek, JJ, and Spencer on my left.  The only one miss was Hotch, he was busy at home with his wife and son.

We were playing Jenga, except in this Jenga game,  each block had a dare on it.  It had dares like "Take 3 sips of your drink" or "Serenade the person on your left"

"Your turn, Hallie Allie!"  Penelope says excitedly waiting for me to pick a Jenga piece.  I roll my eyes after hearing my nickname.

Hesitantly, I pull out a Jenga piece with everyone's eyes on me.  I read it and I'm instantly shocked.  "Sit on the person to your right's lap;rest of the game."  I read aloud.  I look to my right and there's Elle, smiling to herself as she blushes lightly.  I'm glad Elle is the one on my right and not someone else.  Derek, Jennifer, Spencer and Penelope are laughing.

Elle straightens herself out, prepping for me to sit on her lap.  Is this really happening?  Elle looks over at me, "Well, come on, Rodriguez."  She holds out her arms to me, smirking.  I laugh lightly and everyone stays silent, waiting to see if I will do it or not.

I look around at everyone once more before getting out of my seat.  Slowly, I sit on Elle's lap as her arms take me in, firm but gentle.  We don't break eye contact.  "AYYYY" Everyone in the room cheers, surprised I actually sat on Elle's lap. 

The butterflies in my stomach appear yet again.  Elle chuckles lightly as I look her in the eye.  As expected, I get lost in her eyes and it feels like no one else is in the room. I'd do anything to stay in this moment forever, getting lost in each other's eyes as we hold each other close.  Her arms pull me slightly closer towards her as my legs rest on her thighs.

"Am I hurting you?"  I whisper softly as I move closer to her ear. I overhear everyone going "ooo" in the back.

"Not at all, Hallie." Elle whispers back.  I pull my head away from her ear and look her in the eye once more as they continue playing the Jenga game.  Elle took her hand and gently pushed my hairs behind my ear.  I softly chuckle as the blood rushes to my cheeks.

"You sure you can handle this for the rest of the game, Greenaway?"  I joke to her, she smiles instantly.  She wraps her arms around my waist holding me tightly, but not tight enough to hurt me in any way. I feel safe in her arms, secure, warm, comfortable.

She rests her hand on my lap unintentionally as she focuses her attention back on the game.  I place my left hand on Elle's, immediately she feels my hand and intertwines our fingers.  My hand was slightly smaller than hers but they fit together perfectly, like two pieces to a puzzle.

Like Elle, I focus my attention back on the game.  Jennifer's turn; she pulls out a piece near the bottom.  Everyone waits patiently for her to read it, sipping on their own drinks.

"Kiss the most attractive female..."Jennifer pauses.  "Do I really have to?"  She says as she glances quickly at me.

"Yes you do!  It's the rules of the game."  Penelope says.

"Fine."  JJ walks over to Elle and I. Me, who is 100% sure she's going to kiss Elle, she doesn't. JJ lifts my chin gently, looking me in the eye in a similar way as Elle would.  She leans in and our lips touch.  But, I didn't get the same feeling I got when I kissed Elle.  That was okay because I only wanted Elle.  Seconds later she pulls away, everyone in the room speechless including Elle.  Jennifer sits back in her chair, takes a sip of her drink and says "Your turn, Morgan."  Derek just nods his head and clears his throat. Derek speechless? Never seen that before.

Feeling guilty, I turn my head to look at Elle. "I'm sorry" I whisper lightly as I acknowledge the jealousy on her face.  Elle shakes her head and I know what she means, don't worry about it.  But I do worry about it.  I push myself closer to Elle and bury my face into her neck and hair.  Elle taking a sharp breath, wraps her arms around me while I inhale her scent.  I feel both our hearts beating faster.

"We interrupting something?"  Derek says, referring to Elle and I.

"Yes, you are actually" Elle responds and she wraps my legs around her waist. Well I'm glad I wore leggings instead of a dress.

"What are you doing?"  I whisper softly into her ear.  She chuckles lightly and I feel everyone staring at us.  Elle stands up, sliding one of her arms under my butt to carry me better, I giggle softly. Elle's other arm still wrapped around my shoulder.

"How are you carrying her, Elle?"  Derek says and quickly bursts to laughter.

"Hallie doesn't weight a thing"  Elle says in a soft and calming tone.  "Anyways, we are going to the kitchen.  Be right back."  I've never been more confused in my life.

"She weights like 140 pounds, what are you talking about?"  Derek says jokingly.

"I weigh 112 pounds, idiot."  I respond, annoyed.  Elle laughs softly.  I feel myself get nervous as she starts walking with me in her arms, I cling on to Elle more.  Wrapping my arms around her shoulders.  I take a risk and leave a kiss her on her neck, where my face still remains buried.

She steps into the kitchen and plops me on the counter, our heights equal. "What are you doing, Greenaway?"  I ask joking.  I take her hand in mine and intertwine our fingers, her gaze still not leaving mine.

Elle leans in closer, our lips merely centimeters away.  "You have no idea how hard it is not to kiss you"  Elle whispers, her lips almost reaching mine as she speaks. Elle takes my other hand and intertwines our fingers. The butterflies and flushed cheeks coming back. Scratch that, I'd do anything to stay in this moment forever.

"Why don't you just kiss me then?" I ask, smirking at her. Elle chuckles lightly and she cups my face in her soft hands. Before she does anything a thought crosses my mind, what is our relationship? Are we just friends with benefits or more? My facial expression must've changed because that's when Elle looked concerned.

"What's the matter?" She asks while she caresses my cheek softly with her thumb. Gosh, her touch really did have an effect on me.

Before I can do anything, Derek walks in, ruining our moment alone. "What are you ladies doing?" Elle's hands still cupping my face, her thumb still caressing my cheek. Her thighs pressed lightly against my knees as I'm sitting on the counter. My cheeks still a very visible red. Derek is smirking, if he didn't know I had feelings for Elle before, he definitely knows now.

Her eyes don't leave mine as she responds to Derek, "Just talking,". Elle pauses and turns her head to Derek. "We'll be coming in a minute"

"Sure. JJ and Kid Genius are ready for the designated driver, Hallie."  Sh*t, I forgot I'm supposed to drive them home tonight.  Derek walks away, he didn't seem to believe that Elle and I were just 'talking'.

Immediately, Elle looks me back in the eye and pulls me closer. Tension so thick, I could cut it with a knife. Our lips connect and we both move closer to each other. I wrap my arms around Elle's neck as she gently presses me against the cabinet behind. Elle wrapped her arms around my waist, our shoulders pressed together as we don't break away from our kiss.

Elle knew the risks of being caught in this moment; we could both loose our jobs if the people at the FBI found out just how close Elle and I were. Even knowing the risk didn't stop her.
——