Chapter 6

Another week goes by, Elle and I barely spoke to each other. When we did speak, it was short and only about cases. I missed her friendship, her laugh, her smiles to me. I missed her. Even though I missed her, I tried to avoid speaking to her about anything other than work. Derek had brought up the topic of Elle and I plenty of times but I always managed to evade the questions. Especially since I didn't want anyone to find out about the kiss, not even Derek.
---
Today I decided to wear black heels, they make me two inches taller-what can I say, it's not always fun being the shortest at the BAU-with the black heels, I wear "dress pants" with a white button up shirt. I look at myself once more in the mirror. I tuck in my button up shirt, unbutton the top two buttons and add my black leather jacket. I make a funny face at the mirror before walking out the door.

20 minutes later, I arrive at the BAU. Cautiously, I step out the elevator and take a deep breath. I walk into the office. I see everyone already at their desks, confused, I look at my watch. 8:20 A.M. Late! I walk to my desk, praying no one says anything. More specifically; Hotch.

"20 minutes late, two days in a row?" Derek says with a smirk on his face. Typical Derek.

"Tell that to me not wanting to get out of bed" I mutter under my breath.

Soon after settling in at my desk I feel a tap on my shoulder, I assume it was Reid since he wasn't at his desk. "Go away Reid, I got a lot of files over here" I say in a joking voice.

"Nope, not Reid...it's Elle" Elle says, her soft voice finally coming back to my ears. I turn around to her smiling nervously. "Can we talk privately, please?" Her voice seems concerned, facial expression nervous.

"Uhh- yeah of course." I look over at Derek who has his eyebrows raised, a smirk forming.

I get out of my seat and follow Elle to the bathroom. We step inside, the row of stalls all opened. Elle closes the door softly behind her. We stand in facing each other with the mirror next to us. This time I don't have to look too far up to meet her eyes-thanks to my two inch heels- but she's still taller by a few inches, maybe two.

"Elle, look I'm so-"I start to say but Elle quickly cuts me off.

"No, Hallie let me talk..." She says, her eyes locked on mine. I feel the butterflies that I used to feel come back in my stomach. "I know we work together and that's why this is hard to say..." Elle says now avoiding my gaze, looking down.

I put my hand to her face, gently moving her chin to look at me again. "Elle, whatever it is, you can tell me." I say, giving a soft smile to Elle as I remove my hand from her chin.

"Hallie, I kissed you that night..." She looks me in the eye, slightly moving closer to me in the pause of her sentence. "I kissed you because...I have feelings for you, Hallie." My heart skips a beat at those words. The butterflies in my stomach only increasing, the smile on my face forming again. I'm shocked, yet the happiest I've been in awhile. I couldn't believe what I was hearing, Elle Greenaway, has feelings for me? Elle gently grabs my hands putting them in hers, rubbing my hands. "Say something please..." She says, her voice not exuding the usual confidence she always had.

I look her in the eye, taking a small step forward. "Elle, I have feelings for you-"

Before I can finish, Elle cups my face and kisses me. She wraps her arms around my neck as she kisses me softly. I pull her closer to me, not breaking away our kiss. She stops kissing me but still has me close. Elle cups my face as she's smiling, her dimples showing again. Gosh did I miss that smile. I quickly realize that I also have a smile on my face, a genuine smile.

"How long?" Elle says, the smile still not leaving her face.

"W-well..." I pause. I take a breath and remove my gaze from Elle's eyes. "I've kinda maybe..." I pause again, nervously.

"Hallie just say it, don't worry." Elle could tell I was nervous, she gave me a kiss on my forehead that only caused my cheeks to heat up more. The butterflies in my stomach, fluttering around faster than ever. Elle laughed lightly as she noticed my blushing again.

I take a deep breath and finally spit it out. "I've liked you basically since we started talking, but I struggled to admit it to myself.." I say, hesitatingly.

"What do you mean?" Elle says softly, I can tell she doesn't want to force it out of me but she's curious to know.

"Elle, I have trouble...with feelings. I struggled to admit to myself that I have feelings for you." I take another deep breath and turn away from Elle, some tears in my eyes but I don't let them out. Elle puts a hand on my shoulder, trying to turn me back around. At first I don't let her but finally give in after I fully acknowledge her warm touch.

"Hallie, that's okay. All that matters is now you admitted your feelings to yourself." She smiles at me again. Elle takes her thumb and gently wipes the tears from my eyes. "Never really took you for a softie, Rodriguez." She says, jokingly.

I can't help but laugh at her comment. "Shut up, Greenaway" I reply in a mocking tone. She laughs again and then kisses my forehead. I blush again.

"Boop!" She taps on my nose, quickly and gently. We both laugh softly as I pull her in for a hug. She wraps her arms around me and I feel the warmth from her body against mine.

We walk out of the bathroom next to each other, our shoulders touching. I can barely hold the excitement in but know I have to, would not want to be questioned by everyone. Elle's words replaying in my head, "I have feelings for you, Hallie." I don't know if we are official or not but I can't ask right now, I was late enough today.

All I know is, I can't loose Elle.
--