Chapter 18

ELLE'S POV
I look at the clock on the wall. It's been 25 minutes since Hallie left... Spencer must've had the same thought, "It's been almost half an hour since Hallie stepped out, it's very unlikely of her to excuse herself that long" Spencer spoke, he was concerned for Hallie.  Hotch and I nod our heads.  Worry filled me, what if something happened to her?  I look over at Derek who looked extremely worried.  Hallie told me how close they had gotten especially after she broke up with her last girlfriend.  Hallie never told me what happened with her ex though, it was a mystery.

Derek picked up his phone and called Penelope.  "Hey babygirl, we need you to track Hallie's phone", He had her on speaker so we heard her speak.  I sat up in my chair.

"Already on it. Is something wrong?"  I heard the worry in Penelope's voice. 

"We don't know yet, Hallie stepped out almost half an hour ago and still isn't back.." I speak up.  Hotch even looked worried, Spencer patiently waiting for Penelope's response.

"Oh god...Elle..I-" Penelope's voice broke.

"What is it, babygirl?"  Derek asked, concerned.  I put my hands over my mouth, waiting.  Spencer buried his face in his hands.

"I-I can't track her phone—I'm sorry.." Penelope took deep breaths.  Shit.

"Shit shit shit" I whisper to myself.  "Please keep trying Penelope, please."  I begged, Hotch looked confused.  He didn't expect me to be the one to say anything.

"Okay I will, bye loves.  I'll call as soon as I get something."  Penelope hung up. 

Derek put his hand on mine.  "Elle, we don't know what happened to her yet but we will find her" It's like he knew.  I nod my head, praying to myself that she's okay.  I'd give anything to just take her place, wherever she is.
———
HALLIE'S POV
My eyes flutter open, adjusting to the dimly lit room.  I try to stand up but can't.  I look to my arms, tied to the chair I didn't realize I was sitting on. My whole body aches, head throbbing in pain. Is this what death feels like?

After a few moments of looking around the windowless room, small footsteps comes towards me from behind. I keep quite, avoid talking first. I keep my face neutral, but really I'm terrified. A sinister chuckle comes from the person behind. I'd do anything just to be back with Elle right now.

"Rise and shine, Hallie." The voice came from a man. I don't recognize his voice at all...The man walks in front of me, holding something behind his back. He has light brown hair, it looks messy.  His dark eyes staring daggers at mine.  He stepped closer, leaning down to me.  I feel his breath on my forehead as I look up at him.  "Speak,"

I gulp down all my fear, "Who are you?" The man laughs again before smacking me. I whine from the pain.

"Your nightmare." His stern voice startles me. He pulls out a pocket knife that he hid behind his back. "You will be dead before they can find you, before your precious girlfriend can find you." How could he know about her? "Elle, right? That's her name.." He laughs again. He brought the knife near my neck. "Answer me,"

He's the unsub that we are looking for: needs control at all times, probably committed petty crime in the past now kidnapping and stalking...well now I'm going to get raped and murdered if the team doesn't find me😀.

I gasp as the man slightly presses the knife against my neck, making a small cut. "You didn't answer me," He presses harder when I don't respond, too busy trying to hold in my tears. "Obey me if you want to make it to tomorrow." I nod my head as the tears start rolling down my eyes. "Use your words."

"I'm going to l-listen to you." My voice breaks since I start to feel the knife deeper, the pain finally getting to me. He removes the knife from my neck, laughing.

"Usually I'd force my girls to have fun with me, if you know what I mean..." He laughs again.  "But I'd rather wait until I get to kill you, right in front of your little team."  There's those feelings again: unable to move, terrified, lots of pain.

"P-please don't do this, please" The fear in my voice really showing, the tears streaming out of my eyes as he steps away, laughing.

"I'll do whatever I want to."  He walks out of the room.

HOURS LATER-

ELLE'S POV
It's been 5 hours since anyone has last seen Hallie. We were finally able to get a location on her, so we prepare to go to the location. It's a house that belonged to a man named "Harry South." We all put on our FBI vests then getting into the SUVs. I look out the window.

I'm at a loss for words. Words can't describe how worried I am for Hallie. I'd do anything just to see her, even if it were for just a second, to if she's okay or not. If she's dead when we find her, I don't know what I'll do...I never would've had the chance to tell her I'm falling for her. We'd only been dating for about a month but I know that I'm falling in love with her.

"You're together, aren't you?" Derek says when we arrive at the location, getting out the car. I give him a confused look as we take out or guns. "You and Hallie are dating?" Derek asked.

"Yeah..." I nod my head as we start to approach the building.

"We'll talk about this later," Derek says as he kicks down the door. "FBI!" Derek yells his gun cocked in his hands and he looks around the room. "Clear"

A petite woman comes down from stairs, looking shocked. "I'm sorry, why are you here?" She walks over to us as we lower our guns.

"Ma'am, are you Mrs. South?" I ask the lady, she nods her head. I clear my throat hinting for Morgan to speak.

"Where is your husband now?" Derek asks.

"Wait I'm sorry— is something going on here?" Mrs. South was clearly unaware of who her husband truly was. A murderer, rapist. The man who took Hallie.

"Miss, where is your husband?" He ignores her question.

"He's at our vacation house—it's just by the lake..." The lady gave us the address. We leave the house after searching. We only phone Hallie's dead cellphone, the unsub brought her here at one point before going to the vacation house.

"Reid, have her taken into the police station, she doesn't seem to know who her husband is." Hotch tells Spencer before getting into the SUVs.

Derek sits next to me in the SUV. "How long have you been together?"

"Almost a month..." My voice is just above a whisper.  I don't usually cry often but I felt it coming.  I hold back my tears though.

"We're going to find her okay?" Derek gives me reassurance. I nod my head with a sad smile on my face. I hope we find her...
———
A/N: If you are worried, please don't be! Hallie is safe in the next chapter! KINDA A SPOILER BUTTTTT