Chapter 12

Later that day...

"Hey Rodriguez"  Derek says as Elle, him, and I pack our things up for the day.

"What's up?"  I ask, wondering what he'll say.

"Be careful not to drink a lot, you know how much you laugh when you do."  Derek laughs and winks at me.  My face going into immediate shock when he says that, knowing that Elle is right next to us.  Elle laughs as she puts her coat on.  "And you sing, a lot when you drink."  He continues as Elle continues to laugh.

"Gee thanks for paying so much attention to me, Morgan"  I roll my eyes at him as I put my coat on.

"Someone has to.  Especially that time you walked into Target and—"

"Don't you dare tell that story Morgan!"  I cut him off, that story is way too embarrassing for Elle to hear about it.

"Well now I want to know!"  Elle says, stopping her laughter looking at Derek and I.

"No you don't!"  I snap at Elle before I realize it.  Elle looks at me, worried.  Derek laughs and walks away.

15 minutes later Elle and I sit in silence in her car as she drives.  I reach over to grab her hand and intertwine our fingers.  "I shouldn't have snapped at you, I'm sorry."

"Don't worry about it, you were just embarrassed." Elle gently rubs my hand. "You got pretty dressed up today, may I ask why?" Elle says with a smirk on her face and her eyes on the road.

"You know whyyy...and because I felt like wearing a dress. What do you think?"

"I think you look beautiful with a dress on. But to me, you look beautiful no matter what, Hallie." I blush at Elle's words.

"You think I'm beautiful?" She nods her head as she parks the car. "Good because I think you are beautiful as well..." And I definitely wasn't lying about that.

Elle laughs softly as she gets out of the car. "Is it true that you laugh and sing a lot when you drink?"

"Maybe...but you won't remember tomorrow anyway. We will both be hungover, won't we?" I smile at her as we walk in side by side.

"I won't be drinking much tonight. Someone has to drive...and take care of you." Elle winks at me and I roll my eyes jokingly.

We sit at a table close to the dance floor. "What do you want to drink? I'll go get it for you." I ask Elle as we sit at the table.

"Anything without alcohol will do" I nod my head as I walk away, trying to push past groups of people.

Finally, I make it to the bar. The bartender takes a look at me and licks his lips. Oh f*ck no. "What can I get you, darling?" His voice was irritating and raspy. His dirty blonde hair was in a man-bun, the sides shaved, tattoos running down the arm of his sleeveless shirt, flexing the muscles he had. Not even attractive, to me at least.

"I'll just have tequila and a non-alcoholic Sprite, please." I keep my voice stern, not giving in to his very subtle flirting.

"You sure you don't want something more than that, darling?" He winks at me, licking his lips again. Now this is just sad to watch.

"No, I'll just have my Sprite and tequila." The bartender eye rolls and pours my drink after giving me a Sprite can. He hands me the tequila. "Thank you." I turn and walk away, pushing past the people again.

I place the drinks on the table and sit down in front of Elle. She opens her can and takes a drink. "What did you get?" She asks.

"Tequila" I dryly respond to her question after taking a sip of my beverage.

"One of those nights, huh? Get wasted, party hard, then hungover tomorrow?" Elle chuckles lightly.

"Exactly, you know me so well." I laugh with her after drinking.
———
12 shots of tequila later...

I find myself dancing—drunk—with Elle on the dance floor. She still didn't even have a sip of alcohol. I laughed as I danced in a silly way.

"Someone is definitely wasted now, such a lightweight." She jokes around with me as we dance to the blasting music.

"I'm not wasted—what are you talking about, you silly goose!" I laugh in between my words as I speak to Elle. She laughs at me.

"I wonder when you'll start the singing." She jokes as she pulls me closer to her, moving me away from the other people.

"Oh I'll sing right now watch..." She laughs. "Are you watching?" She nods. "THIS WAS NEVER THE WAY I PLANNED, NOT MY INTENTION" I sing along to the music playing,(I Kissed A Girl-Katy Perry) holding an invisible microphone in my hand. I swing my hips to the music as Elle laughs.

"JUST WANNA TRY YOU ON...IM CURIOUS FOR YOU" I dance more as I wait for the beat drop. "I KISSED A GIRL AND I LIKED IT" Elle laughs more but also sings with me.

I pull Elle closer to me, her hands finding my waist. I wrap my arms around her neck and press our foreheads together. "It felt so wrong, it felt so right..." I whisper the lyrics and close my eyes. We move our hips together in sync.

"Us girls, we are so magical...soft skin, red lips...so kissable" I stop singing and look Elle in the eye. "Kiss me"

Elle laughs, "Don't have to ask me twice." She pulls me closer, our bodies pressing closer against each other, lips meeting as the music blasts.

I pull away from the kiss as my eyes widen. "THIS SONG IS MY JAM!!" Elle laughs as I start to sing, grabbing my invisible microphone again. "I WANNA HOLD EM' LIKE THEY DO IN TEXAS PLAYS" (Poker Face-Lady Gaga) I stop singing to dance and laugh with Elle. "AND AFTER HE'S BEEN HOOKED, I'LL PLAY THE ONE THATS ON HIS HEART...I GET HIM HOT, SHOW HIM WHAT I GOT....." I stop singing and start laughing instead. As I struggled to stand up, Elle holds on to me as she shakes her head laughing at me.

I sing again, "CAN'T READ MY, CAN'T READ MY... NO, HE CAN'T READ MY POKER FACE" I laugh more as I start dancing in front of Elle. Her body against mine, arms around my waist.

As the song changes, Elle and I continue to dance with our bodies against each other. The warmth from her body filling my bare shoulders.

I turn around and start laughing. "Let's go home and— and-" I couldn't even finish my sentence, my laughter took over.

Elle wraps her arm around my shoulder tightly, walking out with me. "Yes, we are going home right now" I frown at Elle as we walk out.

"Whyyyyyy... I want to party moreee" I whine to Elle as we sit in the car.

"We can party at my house, Hallie." Elle laughs softly.

"We'll be too busy doing other things to party..." I wink at Elle and smirk.

Elle laughs at my suggestive comment while she starts driving. "We'll see about that."
——