Chapter 24

My eyes flutter open from the sunlight seeping through the curtains.  Elle's arm wrapped around my waist with my back against her chest, my head tucked under her chin. I smile to myself as I feel Elle's chest rise and fall sleepily behind me.

Few minutes later, a knock is at the door. I carefully get out of the bed and walk over to the door, hearing Elle yawn. I giggle softly as I look back at her, I turn back to the door and open it.

Derek stands there, looking me up and down. I look down as well, me in my in underwear and a loose t-shirt, oopsies. Derek quickly meets my eyes, "Morning sunshine," I roll my eyes at him. "I know you had a good night." He winks while smirking at me.

I blink repeatedly as my face flushes, "W-what are you talking about?"

Derek laughs. "I'm next door to you," I gasp and put my hand over my mouth, recalling what Elle and I were doing last night. "The team is meeting up in the lobby soon" Derek says, completely changing the subject.

"Ugh...Okay we'll be there in 15 minutes." I say to Derek. He nods and walks away, I close the door and sigh. Arms wrap around my waist, soft kisses being placed on my neck. Elle.

"Morning angel, what was that about?" Elle asks, her sleepy voice making my heart melt and sending butterflies in my stomach. I laugh softly as Elle kisses a ticklish spot on my neck.

"Just Derek, said the team is meeting in the lobby," Elle groans and holds me tighter.  "Come on sleepy head, we need to get ready."  I turn around and face Elle, I give her a quick kiss and she smiles.

"Maybe I should be stubborn more if it means I get a kiss" Elle laughs, I playfully eye roll.

"You can have a kiss whenever you'd like."  I give Elle a smile before walking over to my bag.
——— Later that day
We were able to find the unsub and arrest him easily.  Pretty short day that also had Derek subtly make fun of me about last night, leaving the rest of the team besides Elle confused. 

We all sit on the jet while Hotch finished talking about an upcoming case.  I look over at Elle who was sitting on the couch opposite from me.  Our eyes meet and she gives me a wink along with a smile, causing me to blush.  I look back down biting my lip partly, trying to cover my smile. 

"Hallie, could I speak to you for a moment?" I look up to see JJ. I nod my head and walk over to the bathroom with her. She closes the door behind us. "So...what's with the look?"

I give her a confused face, "Look? What look?"

She nudges me in the arm, "The look you have on your face whenever you see Elle!" I see myself start to blush in the bathroom mirror. "See, there has to be something going on between you two!" JJ says happily.

"Okay, okay...we are dating.." I shyly respond and look down, hiding my blushing face.

JJ gives me a hug. "Aww Hallie, I'm so happy for you!" She lets go and holds my hand, we smile at each other. "I guess now I owe Morgan twenty dollars for that."

I laugh, "You made a bet about this with him? Knowing that he's my best friend at the bureau?" I shake my head at her.

"In my defense, I thought something was going on between you and Spence." She says.

I roll my eyes again, "No, we are just friends."

Jennifer raises her eyebrows, "Maybe to you... But Spencer definitely likes you as more than a friend..."

I roll my eyes playfully, "I am not having this conversation right now" I open the door to leave the bathroom.  As soon as I step out the bathroom, I trip on ✨nothing and fall on Elle's lap.  "Crap— I'm sorry" I speak nervously.

"Don't be. It's okay.."  Elle winks while I quickly get off of her lap.  I would've stayed on her lap if it wasn't for the team being there... Elle pats the seat next to her, hinting for me to sit down.  Of course I accept and sit next to her.  I look over at the other side of the jet and see JJ and Derek talking with smug looks on their faces. Hotch and Spencer falling asleep along with an already sleeping Gideon.

I scoot closer to Elle, she turns her head and gives me a small smile.  She looks around to see if anyone is watching before giving me a quick but soft kiss.  I smile and yawn quietly, rubbing my eyes. "Lay down, angel." She whispers and pats her lap. I tilt my head to hint an 'are you sure?' She nods her head, "Yes, come on Rodriguez."

I playfully roll my eyes and give her a kiss on the cheek. "Thanks Elle.." I whisper before laying down on her warm thighs, propping my legs up on the small couch. Elle looks down and me and smiles, I give her a smile back. She plays with my hair gently while whispering lyrics from the song 'I Wanna Be Yours', the song we danced to on the beach.

I smile at the memory, "What are you smiling about?"  Elle asks softly, combing my hair with her fingers.

"Just about you..." I whisper, she smiles.  I can't help but admire the beauty the lies before me, her captivating brown eyes, the dimples that appear when she smiles, her well-defined cheekbones, her freckles.  Everything about her is pure perfection, personality included. 

After a few more minutes of admiring Elle, I feel my eyelids get heavier.  I take Elle's hand in mine and start to fall asleep.  Elle whispered a few words but my sleepy brain couldn't process them and instead fell asleep.
——

This was more of a filler-chapter and shorter than my usual chapters.  No the whole team didn't hear them having fun but Derek did ;)  What do you think Elle said before Hallie fell asleep?

Suggestion from marvelstarwars12