Chapter 8

I've driven everyone home, except Elle. She had insisted on staying with me in the car just so I "won't get lonely with all the drunk Derek and JJ in the back" to quote her exactly. I didn't mind it anyways, her company kept me warm.

"Are you alright?" Elle turns to me from the passenger seat, gently tapping me. I lift my head up from leaning on the steering wheel.

"Y-yeah I'm fine." I stuttered without even realizing it. I yawn rubbing my eyes gently.

"You should stay with me tonight." Elle says, her voice shaky. She was nervous. I look her in the eye. Her eyes concentrated and sincere on my eyes.

"Okayy...but what about my clothes or toothbrush or—" She instantly interrupts me as the words spill out my mouth.

"Hallie, I'm not forcing you to stay if you don't want to. But if you do stay, you can wear my clothes to sleep and we can go to the convince store for your toothbrush." I look at Elle, her eyes full of hope. In hopes that I will say yes.

The thought of staying with Elle drove me crazy and on top of that wearing her clothes?! Was that even a question? The thought of her clothes on me; I would be able to inhale her scent freely, able to feel her warmth through the fabric. Gosh, I really do want that.

"Okay, let's do it!" I reply, it may have sounded more eager than intended because Elle laughed. Her eyes light up when I told her I'd stay, there was no way of hiding it.
———
"Elle! Why didn't you just let me pay for the toothbrush?" Sort of coming off upset, as we walk into Elle's home, I scold her. My arms crossed as I stand in front of Elle's closed door.

She turns around to face me as we enter the apartment. Elle looks me up and down before speaking. "You are just adorable when you're upset" I freeze, processing her words. Me, adorable? I raise an eyebrow and feel my face warm up but try to ignore the feelings arising, trying to keep my face serious.

"What did you say?" I respond, trying to keep my voice steady, arms crossed, trying to stay serious.

Elle steps a bit closer. "I said, you are adorable when you're upset" I can't keep this up, I can't stay serious anymore. I finally allow myself to fully acknowledge the butterflies in my stomach, the blushing and warmth filling my cheeks. "You look like an upset toddler, it's just adorable."

"Is this your way of telling me I look like a little kid because I'm small, Greenaway?" I look her in the eye, joking around.

"You..." She pauses, looking me up and down once more. "You definitely don't look like a little kid, that's for sure. But you are a little shorty, Hallie." Elle says as she steps closer to me. She pats me on the head.

"I'm not short! I'm only four inches shorter than you!" The words spill out of my mouth. Elle laughs, her dimples showing yet again. I loved seeing her smile.

"You are the shortest in the BAU. I'm surprised they didn't nickname you shorty". Elle says laughing again.

"Okay okay...they did nickname me shorty, they just barely use it is all." I say, finally giving up. Elle was right, I was the shortest—and maybe even the tiniest—member of the BAU.

Elle quickly picks me up before I can do anything.  Her arms holding me against her tightly, warmly.  In shock, I scream slightly. "Oh my goodness! What are you doing?!" I ask Elle as she's carrying me, speed-walking to her room. She doesn't say a word, she just laughs. When we make it to the room she plops me onto my feet, on the floor. "What was that for?" I ask, trying to hold all my embarrassment from being caught so off-guard.

Elle laughs more, "So I can get you some of my clothes..." She pauses in between her sentence. "And seeing you blush was just a bonus." Elle finishes and smirks at me. She wanted to see me blush? What the heck is so appealing and apparently "adorable" about me?

Trying to avoid her comment, I change the subject. "C-can I have the clothes now, Elle?" I'm stuttering again nervously and Elle knows it. Elle nods her head. She turns around and goes in her draws that were well organized, color coordinated. I step beside Elle.

"Here take this!" Elle smiles handing me a black oversized T-Shirt with a pink design of a rose on it and a pair of little black shorts. "You can change right in here while I change as well, we can turn away from each other for more privacy if that's what you want..." She's nervous again, the words pouring out of her quickly.

I move Elle gently to face me. I stand on my tippe-toes, making Elle and I leveled with each other. Her cheeks turn a light scarlet color, a small smile on her face. Our eyes locking, but before I can fall into her trance I look down at her lips.  I lean in closer to Elle and brush past her cheek gently, going towards her ear. "I'm comfortable with whatever..." I whisper softly in her ear, my lips practically tickling her earlobe. I inhale her scent once more before pulling away and turning around to walk on the right side of her bed, leaving Elle there after my little moment.

I take off my shirt—not even caring at this point—and I'm left in my red bra. Elle takes a sharp breath, trying to avoid staring. She walks to the other side of the bed. She turns around and I do the same.
———
A/N: This is continued in the next chapter!