Chapter 16

I look at myself in the mirror of Elle's bathroom, wearing Elle's white flannel that was a size larger than my normal clothes and my black panties. I start tugging around the shirt, looking for marks Elle could've left on me.  I brush my finger across a green-purplish spot that was just above my collarbone.  The memories from the night before came back to me, I inhale deeply.  Oh gosh Elle, what have you done to me? I smile to myself, finding another hickey on my rib cage as I lift the shirt.  I rub my finger over the spot, ouch!  I laugh softly as I remember how it got there, worth it.

I walk back into Elle's bedroom where she lays on her stomach sleeping.  I smile softly to myself as I watch her sleep.  Without making a sound, I crawl back into bed.  I lay next to Elle on my back, closing my eyes. Suddenly, Elle wraps her arm around my waist, pulling me closer. "You know, you left marks on me." I jokingly roll my eyes at Elle.

Her smile turned to a smirk. "But it was worth it, wasn't it?" Elle winks at me as I giggle.

"Maybe...but now I have to figure out how to cover them. I'm not in the mood for an interrogation today" Elle laughs at my comment as she sits up. She was wearing a loose black tank top with shorts. I sat up next to her, "We should get ready for work" I say softly and Elle rolls her eyes while standing up. I take a moment to admire Elle before getting up myself.

Elle changes into a navy V-neck long-sleeve top with dress pants and a black blazer. Feeling lazy to change, I kept on Elle's white shirt. I put on a black skirt that I had left in Elle's drawer the last time we had a sleepover. I tuck in the shirt and fix the buttons. I analyze the hickey above my collarbone once more before fixing the collar of the shirt, praying the collar doesn't move. If it did move, it would instantly show off the mark Elle had left.

"Come on, Hallie!!" Elle shouted from outside as I quickly slip on some heels. I sit in the car next to Elle, throwing my bag into the back seat. I quickly shove my hair into a ponytail while Elle drives.
———
"Won't it be a little suspicious, us showing up to work together?" I ask Elle as she parks in the garage of the building.

"We'll just say we had a sleepover. Technically, it was a sleepover...with a little bit less sleeping." Elle laughs as we get out the car, walking next to each other.

I nudge her gently in the arm, laughing. "Elle!"
———
We walk into the BAU. Derek at his desk, Spencer reading at his, JJ not in sight. Immediately, Penelope runs up to us, walking with Elle and I to our desks.

"You girls look good today! Especially you Hallie! Is that a new top?" Penelope asks as I arrive at my desk. I glance at Elle, she winks at me, smirking.

"Uhhh, this? No...I got it a few years back." I say quickly as Penelope looks me in the eye.

"Really? I swear I saw Elle wearing that exact shirt yesterday, Rodriguez." Derek says from his desk. Fuckk! I blink before looking at Elle who is smirking as she watches me get myself stuck in a situation.

"I'm pretty sure Elle was wearing that now that I think about it. Elle, have anything to say?" Penelope says smirking. I look over at Elle, my eyes widening, hinting at Elle to keep her mouth shut.

Before Elle has the chance to say anything, Hotch walks in. "Round table, five minutes." Thank goodness. Hotch was looking at my neck, which I found odd. He stepped slightly closer. "What happened there?" Hotch pointed to the collar of my shirt, raising an eyebrow with a slight smirk.

I look down and see that the collar been had messed up, revealing the hickey I tried to hide. This is can not be happening. I look back at Hotch, "Nothing!" I tried not to sound nervous but it didn't work. Hotch sighed before he walked away. I cover the hickey with my hand as I turn around to Derek and Elle staring at me. Elle was holding in her laughter while Derek just smirked.

I felt Penelope next to me, I turned to face her. She took me by surprise and quickly moved my hand, showing off my hickey. "Omigod! You have a hickey!" Penelope says, very shocked yet excited. I tried to open my mouth and speak but I couldn't.

"Looks like Hallie got lovin' last night...the big question is: from who?" Derek looked at Elle then back at me, smirking as he raised his eyebrows. I felt myself blush as I quickly glance at Elle.

I look back at Penelope and Derek,"Oh, would you look at the time!" I look at the non-existent watch on my wrist. "Gotta get to the round table, see ya later!" I turn around and speed walk to the round table room. 

Quickly, I open the door to the room and close it.  I lean against the door trying to catch my breath.  I open my eyes and see that I'm not alone.

"Hey, are you okay?" Spencer asks from his seat.  I nod my head as I walk to my seat at the table.  Spencer's gaze leaves my eyes and trails down my neck, stopping right where the hickey was.  Not this again.  "Y-you have a—"

Hotch bursts through the door, Elle, Derek, Penelope, and JJ following behind him, cutting Spencer's sentence off.  I sit up in my seat, covering the hickey, pretending to lean on my hand.  Elle sits next to me followed by Derek, Penelope and Jennifer. 

Hotch starts to talk about the case but I was unable to focus.  Elle had her warm hand crawling up and down my thigh from underneath the table. Her warm touch sent shivers all over my body. I bite my bottom lip, praying I don't move a muscle or make a sound. I still couldn't process the words Hotch had been saying from Elle caressing my thigh.

I felt a shaking on my shoulder, bringing me back to reality. I jump in my chair, shocked by the sudden touch from Hotch. "Uhh...s-sorry...I was distracted." I turn my head slightly to look at Elle who was smirking.  Elle still had her hand on my thigh, rubbing her thumb around in circles.

I look at Derek who had a smirk on his face, it's like he knew. "Don't let it happen again, Rodriguez." Hotch said sternly before returning to the case.  I look at Hotch as he talks.  "Our unsub has committed petty crime in the past, slowly moving on to kidnapping, rape, and murder.  He's a man who needs control at all times,"  He continues. 

I shiver as Elle's hand suddenly moved further up my thigh.  Dangerous game your playing, Greenaway.  I clear my throat and direct my attention back on Hotch.  After few minutes of listening to Hotch, I felt her hand gently squeeze my thigh.  I pulled my bottom lip between my teeth immediately, suppressing the whimper that was aching to come out.  Not now, please not now.  Gently, I kicked Elle's foot from underneath the table.  Elle chuckled lightly beside me.

"Wheels up in 30," Hotch says as he opens the door to leave the room, Derek and Penelope getting up.  What?  I've missed practically the whole case! 

Elle's hand squeezing my thigh as I was preparing to get up, her way of saying 'no, stay'.  I stay in my seat looking through the papers in front of me as Spencer, Derek and Penelope leave the room silently.  I quickly turn my head to Elle, she was smirking. "Elle, what were—"

Before I'm able to finish my sentence, Elle took her right hand and pressed her index finger against my lips.  "Shhh...no words" Elle says.

Her eyes don't leave my lips as she dragged her index finger down my lips. I was left speechless as my eyes quickly dart to the windows that were covered by the blinds. She had her left hand on my thigh, her right hand on my jaw, slightly cupping my face as she brought me closer. Elle looked into my eyes before leaning in and kissing my lips.
——
Continued next chapter...