15 | NEW DISCOVERIES

March 1945SSR Headquarters, London

For about ten minutes, Rosemary had been sitting in front of a table with handcuffs. There were men near the door to make sure she didn't escape. They didn't know much about her powers, so the only idea they came up with was to shoot her in case she tried anything, which she found hilarious and annoying at the same time, but she knew what she was getting into when she decided to ask Peggy Carter for help.

At first, Agent Carter was extremely suspicious and wanted nothing more than to shoot Rosemary dead, but since the younger woman didn't make any attempts of an attack she didn't, she wasn't a cold-blooded murderer. It took several minutes for the ex-assassin to convince Peggy that she had good intentions, and even though she managed to at least convince her that she had important information that the SSR needed, Margaret Carter did not trust her one bit.

Not after Steve mentioned that his friend had been working for Hydra, adding information about some of her powers. The SSR had investigated further with the few files they had of Hydra and realized that Rosemary had been spying on them and that she was the organization's private asset Echo.

Echo, a Hydra enhanced individual that had been credited with several kidnaps, disappearances and murders.

The knowledge of who she was and the distrust all of the agents had towards her, is what had her waiting in the questioning room while Colonel Phillips, Carter and other agents figured out what to do with her.

The door opened and she sent low sound waves so she could know the design of the place she was, in case something went wrong. She received only the layout of what was maybe two meters outside her door, and the men that were behind the glass. Although for the latter, she didn't need the image in her head, it was as if she could feel the existence of the people. 

The last time she had eaten was hours before and it wasn't anything decent. Something so small that instead of satiating her, it just made her hungrier and let's not mention sleep. Thus, her powers weren't functioning as well as they usually did, albeit they still functioned decently.

Colonel Phillips sat down across the table. She had seen him in pictures before but it was the first time she met him in person. She realised that this situation was the one she had drawn the day she discovered Bucky was dead. 

The Colonel analysed her before he spoke. "Agent Carter says you told her that new Hydra bases were being built."

"Yes."

"We looked over the coordinates you gave her," she looked at him expectantly, "and we didn't find any signs of activity in any of the places." Before she could interrupt he continued speaking. "And since you are here, what happens next is that you will be escorted to a secluded prison until a judge decides a sentence for you."

"Sir, with all due respect, I wouldn't be here if I didn't know that Hydra is—"

"Hydra ended with the Red Skull."