03 | FRIEND

August 1943Philadelphia, United States

August 1943
Philadelphia, United States

We can't ignore there's a threat and a war we must win.

"Each one you buy is a bullet on the barrel of your best guy's gun," Rosemary smiled as Steve said his dialogue with ease and confidence. Turns out all Steve needed were a few friendly words and a couple of hours of practice without having Senator Grant or his goony around for him to learn his part of the show by heart.

Who'll hang a noose on the goose-stepping goons from Berlin?

Who will indeed lead the call for America? 

Who'll rise or fall, give his all for America?

Who's here to prove that we can?

As Steve walked along the line of women with a proud face, he crossed looks with Rosemary who send him a nod while she kept singing.

The Star-Spangled Man with a Plan!

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

"Hey, sorry a kid didn't have any money to get a picture, so she found me after the photoshoot to ask for an autograph." Rosemary looked up as Steve made his way towards her.

She smiled at him. "Of course you did because you are a very nice man. I'm sure you offered her a picture before she even asked, but if you forgot to bring my cinnamon rolls, I will be mad at you," she joked —a little.

He offered her a bag with her food. "Thank you, kind sir." She grabbed it and began eating.

For the past month after the Matteo incident, they had fallen into a routine that consisted of having breakfast together, separating for practising, find a spot where they could talk, perform, then going back to the hotel together and grab a bite.

Ever since they talked for the first time they found themselves often interacting with each other (sometimes on purpose because of Rosemary). It began with small talks and as the days passed they realized time flew by and could spend hours talking with the other. Until the point where they actually considered each other as friends.

Well, at least in Steve's eyes. He hadn't found someone whom he felt comfortable with aside from his childhood best friend, Bucky Barnes. Despite getting a lot of attention since he had become Captain America, no one seemed genuinely interested in him, except for her. He had taken a liking towards 'Anne', not in a romantic way (his heart already belonged to another) but as a friend. She reminded him of home and with her, he didn't find himself feeling lonely or as if he didn't belong. Not to mention she was the only woman so far that didn't seem to be fawning over his looks and was actually with him to know him, Steve.

It was different for Rosemary. If asked by the agent she had to report to about him —who, by the way, wasn't Matteo; Steve had already met him and it was too much of a risk for Hydra to take so they sent someone that happened to be in fact scared of Rosemary—, she would say she was only pretending to be his friend because of his connection to the SSR. If asked by her 'friends', she would decline the idea of romance and say that it was just a friendship that would last as long as the tour did. If for some reason her father asked, she would tell him she was just waiting for the moment to kill him and take a sample of his blood.